Question about Computers & Internet
If your laptop appears to boot up and the hard disk LED flashes, then the problem is probably a back light fault. This can be a faulty inverter or a faulty CCFL lamp. Please click on this link and follow my instructions to identify the fault and possible fix :- http://www.fixya.com/support/r3598095-faulty_laptop_lcd_screen
Posted on Nov 03, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1) Restart your PC
2) Logon and wait for the black screen to appear
3) Make sure your PC should be able to connect to the internet (black screen does not appear to affect this)
4) Press the CTRL, ALT and DEL keys simultaneously
5) When prompted, Click Start Task Manager
6) In Task Manager Click on the Application Tab
7) Next Click New Task
8) Now enter the command:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX"
Note this command assumes that you are using internet explorer as your browser, if not substitute your browser path and file details for those of iexplore.exe or use the Browser option of Task manager to locate it.
9) Click OK and your browser should start up and begin the download process
10) When prompted for the download Click run, the black screen fix program will download and run to automatically fix the issue.
11) Now restart your PC and the black screen problem will hopefully be gone
Oct 30, 2012 | HP Compaq d530 SFF PC Desktop
Jun 08, 2012 | eMachines E620-5885 Notebook
Apr 04, 2017 | Acer AL2216W LCD Monitor
Mar 07, 2011 | Acer Aspire 5610-4648 Notebook
Oct 01, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 11, 2010 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Mar 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 23, 2009 | Intel D845GVSR Motherboard
13 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!