Question about Garden
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1) remove the recoil housing
**NOTE: normally you DO NOT need to remove the rotor pulley or spring to replace the rope. This is the area that causes so many guys a lot of extra trouble
2) locate the string that is left and the hole it is threaded thru
3) determine how much string has broken off of the rope that came out
Note: if more than 1 inch is left, then the rope needs to be replaced
4) after rope is obtained, make sure both ends are melted to a point for easier threading thru handle and rope rotor
5) install the rope (with the handle installed on one end) thru the recoil housing and towards the rope rotor.
6) with the rotor free of tension, route the rope from the groove toward center and up thru the hole. Tie a knot in the end of the rope, leaving a 3/8" tail free.
7) wind the rotor in the direction of what the rope would pull (this will tighten the spring) until the spring is completely wound. remove 1/2 to 1 revolution, and then allow rope to wind onto the rotor until all rope is wound.
8) Pull the rope several times to position rope properly into rotor.
*note : there should be NO droop in the handle after released
If droop is evident, wind the rotor and rope 1 revolution tighter so there is no droop of handle when released
9) when unit is functioning proplerly, re-install housing onto unit
Posted on Nov 21, 2009
try taking plug out to see if it turns then.if not take off pull cord assembley to see if something has come loose and jammed flywheel, failing that could possibly have snapped the piston ring and jammed. oh yes one last thing check clutch if you have chain brake on and clutch is jammed obviously wont turn.
Posted on Dec 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2014 | Stihl Garden
Sep 26, 2012 | Stihl Garden
Jun 29, 2010 | Garden
Apr 16, 2010 | Garden
Mar 02, 2010 | Garden
Oct 05, 2009 | Heavy Machinery
May 23, 2009 | Garden
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!