Question about HP LaserJet 8100 Printer
Paper tray lift won't lift the paper up to send thru
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: HP paper jam
That is usually caused by the paper feed rollers being cover with paper dust. Take a clean cotton pad and alcohol and clean the rollers :turninig each roller as you clean it. if it has a rear dor, open it to get better access to the rollers.
Please remember to rate all users who assist you for free :)
Posted on Oct 01, 2008
I have the same unit. There are many issues with it. First when you install the software you may need to add something to the registry.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Print\Printers\HP Officejet 7400 series\PrinterDriverData and create Key HPDJEnableSecondTray as DWORD with Value of 1
Once you've done this here is the biggest issue and one I've found to fix this issue PERIOD.
You need to go to your Printer Driver then to Properties of it then Device Settings Tab - you will see Form to Tray Assignment in the list and like 5 options, you have to make all but the one you want to NOT AVAILABLE. Example mine is set to Upper than Lower (Letter) all the rest are set to NOT AVAILABLE. Problem solved.
Posted on Apr 15, 2009
1) When the printer receives a print job, it selects the tray by trying to match the requested paper type and size with what has been loaded in the trays. Using an “autoselect” process, it searches all available trays for the paper that satisfies the request, starting with the bottom tray and ending with the top tray (tray 1). The printer begins printing the job as soon as it finds the proper type/size.
2) If paper is loaded in tray 1 and tray 1 is set "TRAY 1 TYPE=ANY" and "TRAY 1 SIZE=ANY" on the
Paper Handling menu, the printer will always pull paper from tray 1 first.
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
I just ran into this same issue with an HP LaserJet P4015n. Worked with HP and the resolution ended up being the following.
Hopefully this will work with the P4515n printer as well.
1. Open EWS page (printer page) in Internet Explorer.
2. Log into printer as administrator
2. Click on Settings tab, Configure device, System Setup
3. You will find Tray Behavior
4. Change tray 2 model to Standard Tray.
This should give you the standard options for the Tray 2 size or default to the size detected.
Posted on Jul 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 05, 2015 | HP Hewlett Packard Officejet Pro 8100...
Jul 15, 2012 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 04, 2012 | HP COLOR LASERJET CP 3505 N PRINTER
Aug 05, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 18, 2011 | HP Laserjet M2727nf Multifunction Printer
Feb 18, 2011 | HP LaserJet 4000tn Printer
Jun 09, 2010 | HP DeskJet 810c InkJet Printer
Nov 25, 2009 | HP LaserJet 8150n Printer
Jan 21, 2009 | HP LaserJet 5si Printer
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!