After recording, I have found that in the playback mode there is no audio. I have video, but no audio. Sometimes the audio is there and sometimes it's not. Not sure if it isn't recording the audio or if it is just in playback mode. I have had the camcorder around 5 years and this is the first issue I've had. Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Having used a cleaning tape several times to no effect. I then went to record, to see if the bands appeared in recording mode. They didn't. So I went back to playback mode and the bands had disappeared.
You are on the right track, sounds like a noisy volume control. Can often be repaired with a squirt of cleaner spray into the potentiometer assembly.But I suggest you use crc2-26 contact lubricant spray, not silicone spray which is a great materials lubricant, but not electrical. Worst case, the Vol Potentiometer, may have to be replaced. Go for the CRC first and see how it goes. Good Luck, happy FixYa
Are you absolutely sure that it is receiving an audio signal?
What input are you using? Try recording using alternate inputs.
Audio part of a VCR is normally way more reliable than the video.
The exception is on high-end stereo types where they record the extra
audio signals using the video head cylinder in which case it can easily
playback and record are 2 different things.
playback, you connect the DVD player audio-video OUT to the audio-video IN of the TV.
recording, you connect the DVD player from the audio-video IN to the audio-video OUT of the source (i.e. cable box, set-top box, etc)
hope this helps!
Audio Dubbing may vary by model. Most Digital Camcorders are equipped with this feature. To verify that your model is, please view the User Manual.
* The AUDIO DUBBING function only works in PLAYER Mode.
* You can add sound to the original sound on a pre-recorded tape, recorded in SP mode with 12bit sound.
* Use the internal and external microphones or other audio equipment.
* The original sound will not be erased.
1. Set the camcorder to PLAYER mode.
* If you want to use an external microphone, connect the microphone to the external MIC input jack on the camcorder.
* When you wish to dub using the External A/V input, connect the AUDIO/VIDEO cable to the camcorder by inserting the cable jack into the A/V in/out terminal at the left side of the camcorder.
- Press the MENU button, turn the MENU DIAL to highlight A/V and press the ENTER button.
- Turn the MENU DIAL to highlight AV IN/OUT and press the ENTER button to select AV IN.
2. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button and find the timeframe of the scene to be dubbed.
3. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to pause the scene.
4. Press the A.DUB button on the Remote Control.
* A.DUB will be displayed on the LCD.
* The camcorder is in a ready-to-dub state for dubbing.
5. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to start dubbing.
* Press the (STOP) button to stop the dubbing.
* You can not use the audio dubbing function while playing a write protected video tape.
* When you wish to dub using the External A/V input, you must connect the AUDIO/VIDEO cable to the audio system from which you wish to record.
* You cannot dub sound on a pre-recorded tape in LP or 16 bit mode.
Dubbed audio Playback
1. Insert the dubbed tape and press MENU button.
2. Turn the MENU DIAL to highlight A/V.
3. Press the ENTER button to enter the sub-menu.
4. Use the MENU DIAL to select AUDIO SELECT from the submenu.
5. Press the ENTER button to enter the sub-menu.
6. Using the MENU DIAL, select the AUDIO playback channel.
Press the ENTER button to confirm the audio playback channel.
* SOUND1 : play the original sound.
* SOUND2 : play the dubbed sound.
* MIX(1+2) : play back SOUND1 and 2 equally mixed.
7. To exit, press the MENU button.
8. Press the (PLAY/STILL) button to playback the dubbed tape.
Note: When you playback added sound (SOUND2 or MIX mode), you may experience loss of sound quality.