Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
We recently picked up a used Canon C5800 Imagerunner copier/printer/scanner. We have successfully connected it to our LAN, and can configure and see mailboxes. We can also scan documents so that they reside in the proper mailbox. The problem is that we do not know how to retrieve these scanned documents. We can get into the mailbox from a PC or Mac connected to the LAN through a Web Browser, and see the document in the mailbox. But all it seems we can do is download a small thumbnail. How do we retrieve the full scanned document(s)? thank you, ---- Brad
Hi. the mailbox is for internal use. you cant rettiene document from there . try to install and use canon color network scan gear .
Posted on Apr 30, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
ScanGear won't run under Vista. The scanner works with other programs. (Twain works) ScanGear fails and Vista closes it.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
you need to down load the network scan gear tool www.imagerunner.com support downloads office /production then look for canon network utilities... down load scan gear tool [ not color}this file will have to be unzipped then run it... this will set a program in your program files open the one that says scan gear tool when opens either type in the device ip adress or you can select discover. once you do this you select it as the scanner in your scanning software Adobe Pro etc. you also must select scan on the copier then online before scan will happen
Posted on Dec 17, 2008
The port should be active. You can look for problems by right-clicking My Computer and then Properties. Under the Hardware tab, press the Device Manager button. Any hardware issues will show either a question mark or exclamation mark, disabled items with a red x. After the printer is connected, turn it on, then go to Start -> Control Panel. Here, go to add hardware. See if this finds it.
If not, have you added the printer after connecting it via USB under Start -> Printers and Faxes? What about inserting the installation CD before connecting the printer?
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
First your company must have a e-mail server.Enter the server ip address in the smtp server address in the additional funcktion,system settings,network settings page untill you get the smtp server address.
Posted on Nov 10, 2009
The following steps will allow you to send and receive E-mail:
1. Make sure you have all of your TCP/IP information set up (IP address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS Server (if one), Host Name, and Domain name of your Domain) before you begin.
2. Enter into the Network Settings and Select E-mail/I-Fax.
3. If you are setting this up for SMTP (Simple Mail Transport Protocol) to send E-mail and I-Fax, enter the IP address or Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of your mail server in the SMTP Server section. For example: mail_server.organization.company.com. Then enter the email address that will be the default sender in the SMTP Address field.
4. If you use POP3 and want to receive e- imageRUNNER mail and I-Faxes, fill in the IP address or FQDN of your POP3 server and the account added for the imageRUNNER-iR. The password is optional and needs to be entered if set on the e-mail account of the imageRUNNER-iR. Set the POP interval (how often the machine will log in and check for mail).
5. Reboot the device.
* Note - AUTHENTICATION ISSUES -
-If the SMTP mail server requires authentication for sending email, enter Encryption/Authentication login information (SMTP authentication via a username and password).
- For the models that do not support SMTP authentication, the administrator will need to set up a SMTP Relay.
Posted on Apr 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2011 | Canon imageRUNNER 3300 All-In-One Laser...
May 04, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER C5800 Copier
Mar 26, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER 3300 All-In-One Laser...
Feb 15, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER C5800 Copier
May 15, 2009 | Canon imageRUNNER 5570 Copier
Mar 06, 2009 | Xerox CopyCentre C123 Copier
Dec 16, 2008 | Canon imageRUNNER C3200 Color Printer
Jul 25, 2008 | Canon imageRUNNER C3220 Color Copier
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!