An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: works perfect on laptop doesn't work on desktop...
I think this is a driver issue. So make sure that if for instance you have VISTA on your other system and it worked fine with vista whereas on the home you got XP and you expected it to work tough luck! You got to make sure that you installed the proper driver for the OS. If you do not have this on the CD which came with it go to the lifecam vx3000 site and downlaod the driver suitable for your OS.
If still no luck with this I think I know what might solve the issue
1. Uninstall the webcam driver (from control panel ... add / remove hardware find webcam and remove) 2. Uninstall yet another time MSN Messenger 3. Disable any other webcam that you might have from the device manager as you didnt say if the you already got another webcam on home pc. 4. Download tunieup utilities install trial and run registry cleaner ... clean the whole registry for 2 - 3 times until its perfectly clean. Install the new driver you just downloaded 5 . Reboot 6. Install MSN Messenger 7. Reboot
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It is quiet difficult to address this problem as there can be many reasons for the same. Although for your perusal i am writing a few and their solutions:
1) Most importantly check whether your Camera Driver is installed correctly. To ensure that, Right Click My Computer, Manage, Device Manager and look if you can see any yellow question marks. If yes than download the driver and install it.
2) Acer Laptops comes with a Camera Software Utility, open it and see what it tells you about the status of your camera. If an error comes please post it here in comments.
3) Your camera is generally connected with a strip to the motherboard, if everything else is right then there can be problem with it. The connection of the strip could be loose.
boot in Safe Mode and log in to windows.
Go to 'Start'--->Programs--->Accessories--->System Tools--->System
Here you will have to check "Restore computer to an earlier time' and
Now you will find one Month Calendar window with Dates below, go to
the previous month by clicking the '<' sign in the upper left hand
corner of the Month Calendar and select any date that you see in Bold.
detail of that particular date should show "System Checkpoint" and
time on the right hand side box. Select that date.
Now, Click on Next and System Restore will start and windows will take a
Hello! You need to update the driver: Start>right click Computer>Manage>Device Manager Find your camera on the list, right click on it and choose update. Restart computer. The shortcut should be on your Desktop. Just in case if it still isn't there: Start> type your camera name in the search pane and right click on it>choose Send To>Desktop.
Toshiba is very good about placing original software for their laptops on their support website. Go there enter the appropriate make/model and follow the steps supplied to download and install the required software
The same thing happend to me. I, unplugged the cam. reinstalled the drivers from the toshiba cd. rebooted. plugged my cam back in. and It was working normally again. Then I reinstalled livemessenger rebooted again and everything is worked fine. Good luck with it mate.