Question about Mitsubishi Televison & Video

Open Question

Finding location of STK-393-110 in mitsubishi WS55511

I can change the chip but I don't know location. is it on center board or smaller conv.. board

Posted by on


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 3130 Answers

SOURCE: Convergence Problem?

Mike, on this set don't bother with the chip changing as the complete convergence amp. board is only 63 bucks. Check it out here: Good luck

Posted on Apr 27, 2007

  • 203 Answers

SOURCE: trying to find stk ic's

97c8712.jpg Stk's are on the back of those metal heat sinks

Posted on Sep 15, 2008

  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: STK IC 392-110 Chips

am having stk 4392 amp board 2 channel, i want to change this two channel in to one channel. what modofication should i do

Posted on Mar 11, 2009

  • 10594 Answers

SOURCE: Cant find the exact part no for convergence chip,

STK392-570 is similar of STK392-560 and STK392-560 is avialble in Part Store. Click that link to see price info.

Posted on Nov 14, 2009

Testimonial: "Thanks a lot."

  • 295 Answers

SOURCE: STk for Sony Wega

Actually if you can remove them from their heat sinks and wipe off the heat sink goop, the actual part number will be listed on them.
A/V Media Guy

Posted on Nov 22, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

What size transistor goes to each convergence chip - location number on board (i.e., 80 goes to r7001, etc.)

Not sure what you are talking about, this set uses two of the STK-392-110 CONVERGENCE IC'S.

There are no transistors that go to individual pins on those chips directly---you are talking about the light blue resistors that do go to individual pins---most are 2.2 ohm and 1/2 size and those are about the only ONES THAT EVER FAIL--HAVING FIXED NEARLY 200 OF THIS EXACT MODEL SET, never seen more than one of the 2.2 ohm resistors bad---

If you want to make sure each is the correct value, Google for the full service manual by model number, no one carries those number to value with location numbers in their pockets, IF ANY OF THE 2.2 were bad set would shut down and constantly blink 3 blinks at the power light.

Dec 14, 2012 | Panasonic PT-47WX42 47" Rear Projection...

1 Answer


Convergence chip! It should be a STK-393-110 CHIP.

Is it located on the middle board or the side board?

Jun 11, 2012 | Mitsubishi WS-73909 73" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

I am getting a F6 error when i try to turn on my Panasonic SA-PT760 home theater system?

the problem with this error is faulty DC regulator I.C. chip, next to power module I.C. It's a hybrid chip and fatigue causes pins to break off chip's base. Anyway, it's a replacement part, you must have technician skills to replace it, plus some electronics tools. I don't remember the part#, but you'll find it at "". Enter your model# and you'll see the list of all parts. It might be "STK" or "STR" at the beginning of part#. Better to open the unit and look up yourself. It's size about 2 by 1 inch, landscape oriented, with 10-15 pins connecting to the board. Don't try to just re-solder that chip. It's not a chip to board, but chip to pins failed connections. I've tried to re-do those pins, but without any luck. Chip might already died. good luck with your project.

Jan 18, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Convergance chip

devices: Any Projection TV with a Convergence Amp board

If I knew which Mitsubishi Projection TV you're looking at, I could help quite a bit more. In general, the "convergence chips" on a typical Convergence Amplifier board are actually two STK's mounted to large heat sinks. "STK" is electrical engineering slang for "Convergence Amplifier Integrated Circuit".

Here's a helpful Solution archived at FixYa:

You'll see in the photo that the STK on the PC board actually have part numbers on them that begin with "STK".

Dec 09, 2011 | Mitsubishi Televison & Video

1 Answer

Mitsubishi WS55711 TV. 'm OK with a a soldering iron and have done similar repairs in the past but I'm far from an expert. I had a convergence problem and have installed a new convergence...

Since you said replaced a chip, I presume it was the one STK-393-110 which is used in some models--most of their sets use two chips------I know these sets very well.

I have a offer for you---if you have Yahoo IM we can chat there and maybe find your problem.

Here the site emails me etc.


May 28, 2011 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Convergence CHIP on ws-65511

This TV uses either a single STK-393-100
or a pair of STK-392-570's

the only way to tell is to look inside.
unplug the unit and take off the back.
the convergence chip(s) is on the center board on the big finned heat sink.

Apr 12, 2011 | Mitsubishi WS-65511 65" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Mitsubishi 55" Convergence chip location? Where

Look for a big heat sink (big piece of aluminum) right behind the back access panel. The brown pressboard that you need to take of to have access to the inside of the chassis. I think there is two STK chips for this tv. Older mits only had one. The STK chip is black, should be about 3" long with about 20 pins on it. It may have a metal clip covering the part number on the front.

Feb 19, 2011 | Mitsubishi WS-55711 55" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Can not align red even though convergence board WS-55819

Did you replace the center board with the STK-392-570 chips or the Digital convergence board mounted on it?

98% of the time if you have a convergence problem it is on the center board---the small board on the left under the metal shield box stores and controls the convergence of this set.


I am here to help----I have fixed hundreds of Mitsubishi sets with convergence troubles.

Regards, SD TECH

Oct 28, 2009 | Mitsubishi WS-55819 55" Rear Projection...

2 Answers

I need a convergance chip but don't know where to get it

I learned today on my Mitsubishi VS-60621 (chassis VZ4) there are 3 convergence ICs (3, not just one as previously suggested), all 3 are STK391-020 located underneath the large heat sink on the upper right (as viewed from back of set), above the large PCB with the 6"x10" cover in the middle. The 3 chips are hanging upside down from their heat sink, have aluminum covers over them (so well hidden, it took me hours to find them, not knowing where to look), and the whole heat sink & chip assembly comes out by removing 2 screws, the front one must be accessed by removing the large lower front plastic cover and fiber-board piece behind it. Not necessary to remove the smaller plastic cover and control box above the big one. The big plastic cover has 2 large tabs on the bottom straddling the center post that will still hold it on once the screws are removed, gently pull down on them to release it. Not necessary to remove the glass doors, but probably safer to do so. Good luck!

Aug 27, 2009 | Mitsubishi VS-60621 60" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

30 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Mitsubishi Televison & Video Experts

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1212 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74383 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2318 Answers

Are you a Mitsubishi Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides