Question about HP OfficeJet 4215 All-In-One InkJet Printer
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 03, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP460 All-In-One InkJet...
May 18, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX9400 Photo Printer
Apr 03, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Aug 15, 2009 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 01, 2009 | Lexmark P6250 All-In-One InkJet Photo...
Jun 01, 2008 | Lexmark E238 Laser Printer
172 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!