- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Firstly, I would suggest you to login to your administrator
account and check if you're able to use the Webcam. Since parental
controls cannot be applied on administrator account, it's worth trying
to use webcam by logging into your administrator account.
Step 1: Test the webcam by logging into your administrator account a.Log off from the account where webcam isn't working. b.Login to your administrator account and check if the webcam works.
If the issue still persists, then the webcam might not be locked by parental controls. It is in use by a different application.
Step 2: Perform a clean boot A clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts. Visit the link below to know how to perform a clean boot. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 Note: Once the troubleshooting is over, reset the computer to start as usual
Try unplugging the camera with the pc off and switch to another usb port on your pc. Do not use a usb hub. If that does not work try booting into safe mode and see if it works then. If it works maybe another program or virus software is blocking it . Hope I was of some help, Thanks for using FixYa
Hi, Please make sure that your dell's webcam is turned on.
yahoo messenger webcam
1. Turn on Yahoo Messenger and log in using your account name and password. You'll need to create an account if you haven't done so already.
2. Click the Start My Webcam' option. This will load your webcam, and is among the ways you can get your webcam to begin broadcasting.
3. While you are talking to a friend click on the camera icon that appears in a chat window.
4. Click on a contact from your Contact List, then click 'Invite to View My Webcam.' This opens a new IM window with your webcam active.
5. Click the 'View Webcam' link while talking to others in IM. This will allow you to see their webcams.
Others:*1. Use the 'Super Webcam' mode when you want to send and receive high-quality images and feeds. Broadband makes it possible to see one another in very high resolution, although even with high-end broadband your computer may slow down a bit because of the amount of memory and processing power this requires.
*2. Click 'Webcam' followed by the 'Who's Watching Me' button to see which of your friends is receiving your webcam's feed.
I know this sounds a bit obscure but try following these excact steps.
shut down the computer. remove battery and ac reinsert ac turn on computer and imediatly press F2 several times to access BIOS. go furthest right in the menu and choose to "set default valuse" save and exit. boot up computer completly shut it down again insert battery boot up try the YouCam software wich should now activate the camera and make the led light up orange.
(i actually had a computer of the same kind you have for the same
problem yesterday, and i found this solution wich worked here on fixya)
Log on to your laptop as an administrator, create a new user account and log on using that new user account and see if you have the same problem. If you have the same problem, uninstall the new driver, which you have installed first and then create a new user account and log on.