I have had the player for 5 months and it has two sides that you are able to play 2 discs at the same time. The blue side still works but the green side stopped working. When I put a DVD in the green side it will not even try to spin and read the disc.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Does that disc work on other players? Do other discs work on your player?
If you tell us more about the player, the disc, and what happens when you try to play the disc, we'll be able to make better guesses about what the problem is. Can you play other discs? Does that disc work in other players?
Not having specifics, here are some ideas, in the order in which they popped into my head:
1) That's a Blu-Ray disc and you have a DVD player.
2) The disc is dirty. Take a wet cloth (or paper towel), put a little dish soap on it, and gently swipe the shiny side of the disc from the center of the disc to the edge (don't wipe the cloth around and around the disc). Rinse the disc with cold water. Wipe with a soap-free wet cloth. Rinse again. Wipe with a dry cloth (or paper towel).
3) The disc is scratched. Some players handle scratched discs better than others. There isn't much you can do here. There are kits that can repair some scratches, but the kits aren't free, and they don't work a lot of the time.
4) You are putting the disc in upside-down. The side with the printing on it has to face up.
5) Your DVD player is dirty. Open the disc tray and blow as hard as you can into the player. Try not to blow any spittle into the player.
6) Your DVD player is broken.
7) Your disc is NTSC (Japan/US) and your player is PAL/SECAM (the rest of the world). Or vice versa.
8) There is some thing about region codes which is some kind of copyright protection scheme that means not all discs will work with all players.
9) Your disc is a CD, not a DVD. (I think most DVD players can play CDs, though.)
10) Your disc is DVD-ROM, meant to be used in a computer.
Does not play disc 1.No disc. - Load a disc into the tray. 2.Disc has been loaded upside down. Place the disc with the label side up. 3.Disc region code does not match region code of the player. 4.Disc type is not the correct type to play. 5.Disc is damaged or dirty. Clean the disc or try another. 6.Moisture may be condensed inside the unit. Remove the disc and the leave the power on for one or two hours. Use the owner manual for additional information. God bless you
I had a similar problem after not using player for several months - "Can't read" message displayed every time I put a recorded minidisc in the player. Seem to have solved it (maybe only temporarily) by opening the player, inserting little finger in at the righthand front and sliding movable mechanism from side to side. It looks to slide on a bar which had maybe picked up dirt or damp. Also tried blowing a warm hairdryer into the slot for a minute or two (take disc out first!) to remove any damp. Working OK at the moment.
Pioneer DVD player (DV-505, DV-525, DV-606, etc.)
Note: Some codes work on LD/DVD combo players only, such as "Disc side A/B".
Note: The LD/DVD 0525 code will work too, but the arrow keys (among other things)
won't work without being keymoved to the correct codes.
000 Chapter prev
003 Scan reverse
012 Disc side A/B
028 Power on/off
029 Step/slow reverse
035 Power off
061 Power on
062 Power on
063 Demo (when player is off)
064 Power on
067 Reset (when player is off)
077 Repeat A-B
078 Disc side B
080 Disc side A
084/086/088/090 Shuttle reverse
085/087/089/091 Shuttle forward
142 Last memory
143 Up arrow
147 Down arrow
157 Mode (set-up)
162 Step/slow forward
163 Chapter/time/frame search
191 Chapter next?
195 Chapter prev?
196 Right arrow
203 Left arrow
205 Time search
209 Chapter search
212/214/216/218 Jog reverse (w/still)
213/215/217/219 Jog forward (w/still)
252 Chapter next
254 Play (will turn on player and resume if player powered off)
255 Scan forward