Question about RCA Televison & Video

1 Answer

So what's a flyback or convergence option ??. Heck, even a stick-figure Diagram might do the trick. It's nice 2 have folks like ya'll sittin' 'round helpin' each-other out

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • RCA Master
  • 8,617 Answers

The flyback is the large transformer that has the thick red wire coming out of it. The solder has a tendency to crack slightly which causes the FL231 Fuse to blow ( just to the right of the flyback) When the FL231 fuse blows the convergence option will disappear from the setup menu and the set will appear 3d with an arced picture. I am attaching a pic that shows the Flyback with a white circle, The FL231 is the yellow circled item next to the flybackSo what's a flyback or convergence option ??.  - 11_1_2012_11_47_00_pm.jpg

Posted on Nov 01, 2012


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Is there a diagram online that can show me where the CP114,120, and 150 are located on my RCA M#D52W20

The are tan and next to the flyback and are marked with location numbers right on the board. On that board if one is open (read like a fuse) the set will no longer display the convergence option--there is a kit with 3 parts available for this.

In case you get that board out this model is prone to bad or broken solder connections at the flyback and around it.

Photo of typical flyback transformer:


Oct 30, 2012 | RCA Televison & Video

1 Answer

Convergence option dropped from menu on rca tv

thats a very easy repair if you can solder Replace FL231, DL231 and CL230 then resolder the flyback that will solve the issue. You can get the Kit called ITC222 and ITC222a Convergence option missing repair kit from which has the replacement parts and the CD with repair instructions.

Jan 01, 2012 | RCA HD52W56 52" Rear Projection HDTV

1 Answer

Fix Ya furby manual

Here you have two User Manual links:
- robots/manuals/Furby.pdf (english)
- furby/pdf/instrucciones.pdf (spanish)

Hope this helps; also keep in mind that your feedback is important and I'll appreciate your time and consideration if you leave some testimonial comment about this answer.

Thank you for using Fixya, and have a nice day.

Nov 09, 2011 | Tiger Electronics FURBY Interactive...

1 Answer

I cleaned my Toro Proline Carburetor and now I can NOT figure out how to re install the linkage. I need a diagram.

That sucks. I know. I'm guessing you have the standard Tecumseh set up that's on all the Toro's I work on (sideways carb setup). I've learned the hard way to take photos; I'll post the one I took. I apologize for the quality; the next one I do, I'll take a high res one but hope this helps ya out. I mean Toro Push Mowers. James

Aug 21, 2011 | Toro Garden

1 Answer

I have a Diamond Series WS#### Mitsubishi 65" tv (about 8 yrs old). There is a red ghost image across the screen. Is this a convergence circuit problem and if so, what kind of cost are we talking...

If it's a little bit of ghosting, you can adjust the convergence just in the convergence menu. If it's very serious...

How to fix your convergence issue.

To fix a convergence issue, you must understand what you're fixing when your T.V.s picture caves in on itself. Some say it

looks like a 3D image, some say it looks bowed, but what ever you call it, you have a problem that isn't going to fix


Okay, what happened?

Your rear projection T.V. operates very similar to an older style glass screen CRT/Direct View television. Pretend if you

take 3 of those old glass screen T.V.s gave them all their own color being green, blue, and red, and put them in a box with

a mirror to reflect onto a screen. That's basically what's happening in your T.V. Your issue is that the three CRTs in your

T.V. aren't lining up properly due to a malfuntion in your T.V.

If you're uncomfortable getting your hands dirty, I understand. Call a T.V. repair technician, it'll cost you between 260-

400 dollars depending on the model of T.V. you have.

Before you begin, you must realize that this is not a rookie fix and it does require the skill of soldering.

Tools you will need.

1: Phillips screwdriver/drill
2: Permenant marker
3. Soldering Iron
4: Solder Wick
5: Heat Sink compound/grease
6: Multi Meter (Optional)

Parts Needed
1: (2) Stk392-110s
2: High Wattage Resistors (maybe)

You can find these parts on E-Bay for reasonable prices.

Step Zero:

Plug in your T.V. Look at your problem. Turn the T.V. off. Unplug your T.V.

Step One:

Mark all the connections you have going to your T.V. Ie. Xbox, Cable wires using a marker, or write it on a piece of paper.

Step Two:

Unscrew the back of the T.V. Get the cover off.

Step Three:

Look for the deflection board. Usually it has a flyback on it (the unit sticking out of the board with a big red anode

(wire) that goes into a splitter located higher on the TV usually.) What you're looking for is the part of the board with 2

identical silver heat sinks that hold 2 big ICs. The STKs usually have 2 screws on each of them holding them to the heat


Step Four:

Now you'll need to get the old STKS out of the board. To do this, you usually need to remove the board from the chassis.

Remove all the connectors marking where each of them went (the connector and ports). As far as the flyback, you may have to

disconnect the main wire from the voltage splitter. Take the rubber cap off and push and turn like you're opening a bottle

of asperin. It should pop out. As far as the thin wire is concerned you usually can give this one slack by removing it from

the little twist clips it's connected to.

Step Five:

A: You have the deflection board removed. Find the STKS. Unscrew the STK screws. Desolder the STKs from the circuit board.

This is a good time to see if any resistors look burnt. If they are you will need to figure out the values and replace

them. Be carful and take your time desoldering these.

B: Put heat sink grease on the metal part of your new parts and fit them where the old STKs went. This may take a minute to

line up all the pins.

C: Screw the STKS to the heat sink and then resolder them to the board.

Step 6:

Put the board back into the T.V.

Reconnect all the wires you marked earlier. Replace the anode (red wire) to the voltage divider by just pushing it in and

making sure its not going to come out just by slightly tugging on it. If your set had 4 black clips on it, clip those back

onto the board as well.

Step 7:

Double check your connectors. Don't forget to put any back in and make sure they're all in properly.

Step 8:

With the back off, hook up your cable box. Plug the T.V. in. Turn on the T.V. with the remote. Be prepared to unplug the

T.V. in case you did something wrong. If it's running properly for 20 seconds, go look at the picture.

Should be all straightened out.

Step 9: Screw the back on again and reconnect all of your inputs.

Jul 28, 2011 | Mitsubishi WS-55511 55" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

RCA D52W19 it kinda looks 3-d i went to the convergence options but it wouldnt let me move the the arrows even though they are way off. and when i tried the auto covergence it went dark a green square...

I woudl not suggest you personally fix this, but can be and easy fix. there are a few fuses around your flyback transformer that blow. there are three of them next to each other. One to all can possibly be blown. just replace these fuses and this should do the trick. will need to do a screen callibration afterwards. If you decide to do the work yourself, MAKE SURE THE TELEVISION is turned OFF! Flybacks can produce and extreme amount of electricity. And experienced tv tech can have you going in about 1/2 hour.

G-D Bless and good luck

Aug 10, 2010 | RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

1997 gmc 305 sparkplug firing order diagram

1 8 4 3 6 5 7 2 Clockwise rotation

I Hope this Does the trick for ya. Im Sure its TRUE & CORRECT
PLEASE Remember to RATE Me Most folks Dont I Need the Ratings to climb this Ladder THANK YOU MUCH

COIL WIRE-------------
#6-------- -------#5

#4------- -------#3

#2------- -------#7

#8------- --------#1

#8Cyl #7Cyl

#6Cyl #5Cyl

#4Cyl #3Cyl

#2Cyl #1cyl

Mar 29, 2009 | 1997 GMC Sierra

1 Answer

RCA D52W26

very simple fix there's three micro fuses beside the flyback transformer if the center fuse is open check with meter then theres bad solder connections on flyback simply resolder flyback in board &install new fuse. the 3 fuses are brown or tan about a 1/2" long

Nov 19, 2008 | RCA P52926 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Auto convergence issues

this is an indication of fl231 fusable link has blown.. a brown recatangular special fuse that blows due to poor solder connections on flyback. IF you can get the fuse and can solder this is not a difficult repair... EXtreme caution should be taken with televisions. this set can hold 380 volts even when unpluged.. rember resolder flyback

May 25, 2008 | RCA HD52W58 52" TV

2 Answers

Broken d52w19

Hi ,here is some of the tips found on no convergence- replace fuse FL231 near flyback or in front of flyback also solder flyback pins alot of these sets have poor connections,they are having alot of trouble from ribbons that connect from bottom tuner broad going to convergence broad also connectors that ribbons plug into so far there is more infor on the HD52w59 .The next set i get in my shop the first thing is to solder power supply broad,then see what happens so far the 2 sets i have now i havent been able to fix,but im not quiting untill i fix them or throw them back to customers.

Feb 03, 2008 | RCA D52W19 52" Rear Projection Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

58 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74377 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1212 Answers

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides