Question about Brother MFC J6710DW - Multifunction fax / copier / - MFC-J6710DW
Printer error 50
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Printer problem
It needs a new printhead. I have heard you can find them on ebay. A service center would charge you too much to be feasable. Not because they want to rip you off but because they have to make a profit like any other business.
Posted on Mar 28, 2008
SOURCE: Brother Print Unable 50 Error
The encoder strip switched off the ph and has to be set into place again.
see here how to fix it:
(enlarge the browser window to see pics somewhat better)
when you have set the encoder strip in pos. again stick some scotch tape on the top of the ph cover where the strip runs thru to prevend the slipping off again on next paper jam ;-)
Posted on Mar 29, 2008
SOURCE: Error message 50
Confirm Success on a 440CN
1) Remove Plastic wire covers from inside printers, and release plastic stay on lower edge, tilt cover to 90 Degrees
2) make a note of where each connector goes
3) release the Ribbon and 3 Multicore cables, removing grounding screw, then remove scanner module by sliding it off the hinges at 90 degrees.
4) Remove Three Front Panel Screws, carefully leaver front panel upwards releasing front side clips.
5) Remove front panel by disconnecting ribbon and wireing on both sides.
6) Remove 6 Screws (2 on back, three at front and one middle right
7) Carefully remove speaker cable (Red Connector) and lift up plastic casing, leaving printer uncovered.
8) Re-Seat Encoder Strip into guide. (The Transparent strip)
9) Re-assemble in reverse and Hey Presto.
All Cured. Hopefully!
Posted on Aug 04, 2008
congrats! You just bought yourself a brand new printer! I just phoned the company and apparently if you have a teeny tiny paper jam and a Unable to print 50 pops up ... you just bought yourself a new machine, that particular message means your machine was damaged thru the course of your paper jam. The average cost an hour to fix it is $85 so its better to just buy a new one.. What a piece of ****. :-(
Posted on Oct 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2016 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 17, 2014 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Feb 01, 2010 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 13, 2009 | HP : HP4 Laserjet Printer
Nov 03, 2009 | Brother DCP 115C All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 20, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4m plus Printer
Jan 28, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4 plus Printer
May 15, 2012 | Brother MFC J6710DW - Multifunction fax /...
817 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: