After working fine for more than one year, this nice machine will scan in color but no longer print in color. Everything black works fine. I have tried many things including two new color cartridges, #26. When I tried to uninstal the Lexmark 1200 Series I received the message, "Lexmark 1200 is currently in use. Wait until the printer has finished then uninstall." However, I can find nothing which keeps the printer in use.
After a self-test on the color cartridges, the light does not flash twelve times but the page does not come through with colored lines. Suggestions will be appreciated. jim, rocklin, ca
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: my lexmark x1240 will not print in color
After disconnecting the cables from the printer and restarting the computer I would suggest removing all printer related software from Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel. After that I would suggest downloading the latest drivers by following the directions below.
You should be able to get the drivers here. Just enter your exact printer model in the Search by printer model field and press Enter.
Click the Download Driver link and choose your operating system in the Select Windows field. Then on the next page, choose the Download Now link on the right.
On the next page you may see a yellow security banner at the top of the browser. If so, click it and choose Download File. After that, choose Save to start the download. After the download completes you can double click the file to start the installation.
Hope this helps. Please remember to rate this information.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
On your computer, with your file open (your document/picture, etc. that you wish to print), click File > Print. From Print dialog box, click Properties, Preferences, Options, or Setup (depending on the program). The Print Properties dialog box appears. From the Quality/Copies tab, make sure there is no check mark in the "Print Color images in Black and White ". Then hit OK button to save the setting. Once you print your colored document/pictures, etc, it should come out in color. I hope this helps.
Download the driver from the lexmark website. You should turn off the printer and the computer. Unplug the printer. Turn on the computer. Bring it all the way up. Turn off the computer. Plug in the Lexmark. Turn on both machines. Install the printer driver.
A technique to improve print quality is to try and clean the cartridge nozzles. You may clean the cartridge by following the steps given below:
1. Go to the "Lexmark solution center." This can be done by clicking on "Start," go to "Programs" and Lexmark printer group. Click on the "Lexmark Solution center." Next click on the "Maintenance" Tab. 2. Select "Clean and Fix Horizontal streaks." Click on "Print". This will produce a printed page.
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean Print Nozzle" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Please open the "Solution center" again and go to the "Maintenance" Tab. 2. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge or cartridges from the printer. 3. Get a damp paper towel. 4. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds. 5. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean. 6. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing. 7. Snap the cartridges back into the printer. 8. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge install." 9. Repeat the "Clean Nozzle Page" one more time. If this fails to address the problem the entire procedure may need repeating.