You need to set your router up for wireless access, obviously the router only allows registered wireless devices to access the router and internet. You need to set up your wireless access points like so, -
How to Set Up and Test Basic Wireless Connectivity
Follow the instructions below to set up and test basic wireless connectivity. Once you have established basic wireless connectivity, you can enable security settings appropriate to your needs.
1. Log in to the DG834G firewall at its default LAN address of http://192.168.0.1 with its default user name of admin and default password of password, or using whatever LAN address and password you have set up.
2. Click the Wireless Settings link in the main menu of the DG834G firewall.
3. Choose a suitable descriptive name for the wireless network name (SSID). In the SSID box, enter a value of up to 32 alphanumeric characters. The default SSID is Wireless. Note: The SSID of any wireless access adapters must match the SSID you configure in the DG834G Wireless ADSL Firewall Router. If they do not match, you will not get a wireless connection to the DG834G.
4. Set the Region. Select the region in which the wireless interface will operate
5. Set the Channel. The default channel is 11. This field determines which operating frequency will be used. It should not be necessary to change the wireless channel unless you notice interference problems with another nearby wireless router or access point. Select a channel that is not being used by any other wireless networks within several hundred feet of your firewall.
6. For initial configuration and test, leave the Wireless Card Access List set to allow everyone access by making sure that "Turn Access Control On" is not selected in the Wireless Station Access List. In addition, leave the Encryption Strength set to "Disabled."
7. Click Apply to save your changes.
8. Configure and test your computers for wireless connectivity. Program the wireless adapter of your computers to have the same SSID and channel that you configured in the router. Check that they have a wireless link and are able to obtain an IP address by DHCP from the firewall. Once your computers have basic wireless connectivity to the firewall, you can configure the advanced wireless security functions of the firewall.
Your ipod touch should now connect to the router, BUT so will everyone else so you need to secure your wireless network.
You can find instructions on page 54, section 4-8 of the manual. If you haven't got a copy you can download one from this link, -
Select DG834G from the drop-down list, allow pop ups. On the next page; which may open as a new window, select the DG834Gv2.
Any problems, email me firstname.lastname@example.org
and I'll send the PDF to you.
Once you've done this you need to set up wireless security