Question about Washing Machines
I have cleaned out the plug at front of machine, started machine again, but still not completing cycle and door will not open
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
it is most likely your machine may have a draining problem. if it cant drain the water out the door wont open. if you open the small door at the front bottom of the machine you will find the little black drain hose. unplug the hose off the door and drain machine. when the machine is empty try powering on and opening the door. if still no luck you will see (in the same location) a red pull ring. undo the screw holding the ring in position and gently pull until the door releases. it would be worth undoing the button trap lid to access the pump and check for any blockages (most common coins **** pins etc) let me know how you get on.
Posted on Mar 06, 2008
there r 2 ways to get the door open 1)use a normal knife and place in front of the door handle push it in and it should open 2)pull the plug out take the lid off now place your hand down to where the catch goes into the washer using your fingers u should be able to pop it open with a bit off fiddling
Posted on Dec 16, 2008
1. Unplug the power cord from the outlet.
2. Remove the front lower kick panel.
3. Reach up along the inside of the front panel and locate the bottom of the door latch assembly.
4. Located on the bottom of the door latch assembly is a tear-drop shaped tab.
5. Gently pull the tab down about quarter inch or until a click is heard.
6. The door may now be opened. Your door lock is broken; actually you have to wait 2 minutes after the wash is over to try the door. If you cannot have access through under the machine, you can try through the top. Some models have a cord behind the dispenser tray.
Sites for spares.
Posted on Apr 11, 2009
I think it may have try and get your local engineer out to have a quick look tell your thinking of buying new and what price can he supply 4. and you like a free estimate .
Posted on Feb 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2016 | Washing Machines
Dec 07, 2014 | Indesit W 123 Front Load Washer
May 02, 2014 | Asko W6021 Front Load Washer
Apr 13, 2014 | Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
Oct 06, 2013 | Asko W6021 Front Load Washer
Jul 29, 2012 | Asko W6221 Front Load Washer
Sep 24, 2011 | Asko W6021 Front Load Washer
3) Open the dispenser drawer and immediately add 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment.
NOTE: Do not add any detergent to this cycle. Use of more than 2/3 cup (160 mL) of bleach will cause product damage over time.
4) Be sure dispenser drawer is closed.
5) Select the CLEAN WASHER cycle.
6) Press START.
NOTE: The basket will rotate, then the door will unlock, lock again, and then the cycle will continue. The machine will not fill, but the basket will rotate while the washer runs a short sensing cycle. This will take approximately 3 minutes.
7) The cycle will determine if clothing or other items are in the washer. a) If no items are detected in the washer, it will proceed to step 8. b) If any items are detected in the washer, all cycle lights will flash and "rL" or "F/34" will be displayed. Associated LED status lights will remain lit. The door will then unlock. Press STOP to cancel the failure code. Then repeat steps 1, 2 and 6 to start the cycle again.
8) Once the cycle has begun, allow the cycle to be completed.
9) After the cycle is complete, leave the door open, slightly, to allow for better ventilation and drying of washer interior.
Good Luck and thank you for choosing FixYa. Please take a moment to rate the info I provided and a short testimony is appreciated.
Aug 14, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
If nothing else works, the washer door can be opened as follows:
•This must only be done in an emergency
if the machine's glass door does not open automatically when the program has finished.
•First check that there is no water left in the machine. If there is water left in the machine and it is not possible to run the Drain program, empty the machine by using the drain hose.
•Make sure that the main power switch is off and that the plug has been re- moved from the wall socket.
•You will find the emergency opener for the glass door in the double sealed bag.
•Open the glass door by putting the opener in the slot to the right of the lock on the door. Push the opener up or down and the door will open.
Feb 28, 2011 | Asko W6021 Front Load Washer
Nov 29, 2010 | Asko W6021 Front Load Washer
Aug 16, 2017 | Washing Machines
Aug 16, 2017 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!