Question about Arris Computers & Internet
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: pulse-dialing with Arris modem?
If you have the current firmware for your modem, it should work with pulse. Arris had to make it's MTA's pulse compatible due to old alarm systems that still utilize pulse dialing.
Posted on Jan 20, 2008
cable dsl same thing. Did you switch providers and get new modem from them? If so. Just delete previous netowrk and install new one let pc discover new one. Also, with your router you got a disc. It should install correctly. Perhaps it is previous network that is hindering you.
Posted on Dec 30, 2008
To make your wireless router secure you need to use your browser and type in the router's IP configuration address.
Then you need to change the default Admin password,
change SSID and turn off SSID broadcast,
setup the encryption (use WAP or WAP2 if your wireless card supports WAP) if not use WEP 128 bit encryption
and for added protection use MAC address filtering.
Posted on Apr 15, 2009
If your modem is not communicating with your Linksys router, your Arris modem was most likely installed directly to a PC or Mac when either you or a technician installed it. As soon as it connected it registered your MAC address from your NIC. You need to make your sure that the modem is still talking to the PC or Mac. Please try the steps below.
1. Find out what your NIC's MAC is (go to "Start", "run", "CMD", "ipconfig/all")
2. Copy down your NIC's "Physical Address." That is the MAC.
3. Go into your router's web based utility (Linksys is 192.168.1.1, username:none ; pw: admin) and click on the "Advanced" tab.
4. Then click on the "MAC Address Clone" tab.
5. Type in the number that you copied down. Click "Apply."
6. Now power cycle your Modem while it is disconnected from your computer and router. Power Cycle the router. After everything has rebooted connect the router to the modem and you should be good to go!
In most cases, this should work, and you ought to have internet access now.
If this did not work, the following is a quick fix:
1. Go to the 'Applications & Gaming' tab
2. Click the sub-heading 'DMZ'
3. Click 'Enable'.
4. Click 'Save settings'.
5. Wait for the settings to save, and click 'Continue'.
If this doesn't work, I would recommend calling your cable ISP and telling them that you need a modem that will work with more than one computer, or you need them to send a tech out who is able to set up the internet through a router.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2018 | Arris Computers & Internet
Feb 21, 2012 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
Apr 21, 2011 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
Sep 29, 2010 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
Sep 19, 2010 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
288 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!