Question about Electrical Supplies
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Transfer switch
2. 10/3 and ground Romex to connect main panel to transfer switch.
3. Screws to mount the transfer switch.
4. Plastic Wire U clips for the Romex.
5. Plug adapter to connect transfer switch to the Generator. (should come with transfer switch)
6. Your probably going to need a drill, extension wire and a 1 inch wood bit to route the wiring. (you can route 10/3 with a 5/8 inch hole but it will be fussy.
7. Do not forget the permit! If your not permitted correctly and you have an electrical fire your insurance company can refuse the claim. (Usually the permit is issued to a qualified electrician)
8. Do not wire the whole house from generator power.
9. A word to the wise.... give refrigerators, freezers and Air-conditioners a 10 - 15 minute break before powering them up after a power loss. They will just cycle the thermal overload due to the high side pressure being to high. Let them cool off and equalize before restarting them.
and the compressors will not start.
10. You will have to install a cover and grommet over the transfer switch wires where they pass through the wall from the Generator power feed.
11. Sealant if needed.
That is about all I can think of for now.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Jun 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2017 | Kubota Garden
Jul 19, 2017 | Garden
Jun 12, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 07, 2017 | Kubota Garden
May 16, 2017 | Kubota Garden
Oct 13, 2014 | Kubota Garden
Jul 03, 2012 | Motorcycles
Sep 30, 2011 | Miller 907068 MILLER TRAILBLAZER PRO 350D...
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!