Question about Eureka Altima Upright Vacuum Model 2996AVS Vacuum
My wife was vacuuming the needles from our Christmas tree and noticed that the cup was not filling up with anything. The hose immediately at the base of the vacuum is completely clogged with needles. Anyway, I can not for the life of me get this hose off to clear it of needles and I've lost my manual. Please, help.
Hello,i have a 2996AVS,i have worked on many vacuums like this,if you look down on the top cover where the wheel height knob is,on the far left & far right side's there is a chrome phillips head screw on each side,remove these two screws,the top cover will lift off,just pull up on the back part of the cover and it will lift off,then you can see where the hose attaches,there is a small slot where the hose clips in,use a small flat head screwdriver or pocket knife and insert it in the slot,there is a raised lip on the hose you can see, slide the driver in the slot right on top of this raised lip and slide the small screw driver in until it is under the slot,this will pry up the slot and you can pull out the hose from there,on the rear of vacuum there is a clear plastic attaching cup that locks the hose to the unit,just squeeze the two clips together and pull and this section will come off,then you can clean out end to end of hose,just line them up and push them back in when your done,then reinstall top cover and tighten screws,also check your belt why you have the cover off,it it ffeel's loose or hardened,or slick and shiny on inside of belt,this will cause thr roller brush to slow down or stop ,hope this helps you. r.man
Posted on Jan 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove the dirt cup canister from the vacuum. Remove the dirt cup lid.
2. Remove the primary foam filter. Rinse the filter under running water until it runs clear. Allow 24 hours to air dry outside of the vacuum.
3. Slide the Hepa filter out. Tap the filter against the trash can until dirt stops falling. Replace the Hepa filter. (Do not wash) Filters should be replaced once a year.
4. Remove the hose from both ends. Use a broom stick to gently loosen and clear any clogs from hose.
5. Remove the bottom plate and brushroll. Use a wooden spoon or something similar to loosen and remove any clogs from the lower hose.
6. Check that the brushes are still spinning. If not, replace the belt.
Hope this helps!
Jun 20, 2014 | Hoover UH70120 WindTunnel TSeries Rewind...
on Jan 01, 2010 | Vacuums
Dec 30, 2013 | Eureka AirSpeed Bagless Zuum
Feb 07, 2010 | Bissell Carpet Cleaner Powerbrush Deep...
Jan 30, 2010 | Hoover U6311-930 Power Drive Bagged...
May 22, 2009 | Dyson DC07 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
Feb 18, 2008 | Eureka Capture Upright Vacuum Vacuum
Dec 28, 2007 | Vacuums
Dec 27, 2007 | Dyson DC07 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic...
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!