Question about Lexmark Color JetPrinter Z23 InkJet
My lexmark 2300 won't pull in paper far enough to print anything. It starts to pull in the paper but the paper won't continue to pull in once the actual printing starts. The paper just sits there without moving. The cartridges move back and forth as if printing something but the paper won't pull in.
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Try to re-seat the cartridges in the printer. Open the printer
cover > remove the cartridges > close the printer cover > re-brick you
printer by pulling out the power supply - black box behind the printer where
the power cord is plugged in, and re-plug after 10 seconds. When the printer
turns on, reinsert the cartridges and close the cover. Try to print a document
again to verify that the problem is fixed.
If that doesn't help, the problem could be due to a clogged print
cartridge nozzle. Please follow the steps below to fix print quality issues
with your model:
From the Maintenance tab, select Clean to fix horizontal streaks. Your printer will then print a page forcing ink through to clean the print cartridge nozzles.
Oct 06, 2011 | Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Printer
May 24, 2011 | Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Printer
May 02, 2011 | Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Printer
Jan 14, 2010 | Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Printer
Nov 11, 2009 | Lexmark Z2300 InkJet Printer
May 06, 2009 | Lexmark Z2420 Printer
May 14, 2008 | Lexmark Printers & Copiers
May 06, 2008 | Printers & Copiers
Aug 11, 2007 | Lexmark P4350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
411 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!