I got my nextar mp3 player a while back and it worked properly when i first downloaded songs.then i tried to download more songs but something happend. now my nextar mp3 player can only charge. it doesnt turn on. the nextar company wouldnt let me exchange it and neither would the store. so whats wrong?
Maybe this will help - error checking and defraging:
If your Nextar shows up under My Computer when connected via a USB cable, right click on "Nextar", select 'Properties', under 'Tools', run 'Error Check' and 'Defrag'.
Motivational Quote from "Weekly Quotes For Staying Motivated": www.dustyspeaks.com/products.htm by Dusty - The DreamWaker! *-*
"We cannot discover new Oceans
unless we have the courage
to lose sight of the shore." -Andre Gide (jeed)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To update the existing map for your Nextar product, please contact
Nextar to find out if any new map information has become available. The
products are usually pre-loaded with USA/Canada maps, depending on the
Go to Nextar.com and select your model.
Go to the manufacturer?s website and it will tell you eveything you need to do either it is you need to download file directly to your GPS device or you might be able to download a the files to your computer and upload them through your USB post
Nextar will not assist in helping "fix" anything. Their solution is for you to send in the unit and they pitch it, send you one off the assembly line. I was able to get this unit working again in just GPS mode (what it was intended for), so using this workaround, you will lose the ability to use it as a tiny digital photo frame, MP3 player, etc. I take no responsibility if you try this and "brick" your unit (render it unusable except as a $100 paper weight). BACK UP!!
1) Download and install ActiveSync from the Micro$oft website.
2) Connect the M3-04 unit to your computer
3) Turn it on
4) Red bar should fill and the M3-04 will "hang" in that screen, BUT viola it still connects to ActiveSync
5) Using Explorer from ActiveSync, navigate to ResidentFlash
6) Copy autorun.inf to your PC Desktop, make backup by renaming it to autorun.bak
7) Open autorun.bak with Notepad
8) Change the line to read without the quotes: "\ResidentFlash\Netropa Intellinav\IntelliNav.exe"
9) Save As to your desktop autorun.inf
10) Copy back to your ResidentFlash directory on the M3-04
11) Disconnect from PC and hit the reset button on back....BOOYA! Your GPS is functioning again.
unfortunately ... there are none for your system at this time.
GPS Systems Support
Please find below the Nextar FREE Support updates:
The following is for firmware upgrade that fixes any known issues with the GPS operating system
*These updates are ONLY for the models listed. Attempting to apply them to a different model will damage the unit and void your warranty.*
I'm about to purchase the same model. I'm reading the instructions I printed off Nextar's site and it does say the unit is designed with SD card slot and supports MP3 and WMA format files playback. You can insert ther SD card with MP3 or WMA files in the unit for music enjoyment.
HELP!! I keep getting Fatal Application Error. Application entellinav.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If this problem persists, contact the program vendor. Program: Intellinav.exe