Question about LG 32LD350 32 in. LCD TV
Stand-by red light goes off when I try to turn on the tv ??
I see so many here with no sound/no picture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signs of damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down the problem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the generic ones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don't put a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses a standby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined and some not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on the power/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--I attach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flat and have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating (saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs 7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over. If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in this photo.
Posted on Oct 30, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Here's a link to the service manual for a slightly larger LG LCD TV. Perhaps it may be of some help? The troubleshooting section appears to be the same for many models of LG TVs...
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
SOURCE: how to reset lg lcd tv
Whe you press the power button the TV led have to blink several times and the it have to change to blue, meaning Tv is on.
If you press the power button and the led start blinking and goes off, then you need to replace the mainboard because it is damaged.
Posted on May 27, 2009
there are four screw holes at the back, you might want to make use of it for anchoring. I guess these models are designed for TV-like installations and not for computer desktop monitors. The base takes a lot of space too.
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
SOURCE: LG 60PC1D making clicking sounds
A common problem for these is bad capacitors in the power supply, Remove the back from your Tv and look at the power supply on the left hand side.
You will see roughly around 9 x capacitors that are bulged / domed shaped on top usually these are valued at 3300uf 10V any that have bulged or leaked a brown like substance should be changed.
This will cure the problem as they overheat being sat next to a heatsink that gets very hot!
Try and change them for the same 3300uf but a higher voltage.
Hope this helps
Please rate my reply ++++
Posted on Apr 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2014 | Sharp LC-32A66M 32 inch Multi-System Full...
Jan 21, 2013 | LG 47ld450 47-inch 1080p 60 Hz Lcd Hdtv
Jul 27, 2012 | LG 32LD350 32 in. LCD TV
Aug 07, 2011 | LG 26LX1D 26 in. LCD HDTV
Apr 06, 2010 | LG 42LC2D 42 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 04, 2009 | LG 37LC7D 37 in. LCD HDTV
Mar 13, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-32S2000 32 in. LCD HDTV
Jun 23, 2008 | LG 32LX3DC 32 in. LCD HDTV
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: