Question about GE Dryers
When I turn the Start butter there's a a buzzing sound, but the dryer won't start. The drum will turn if I push it hard enough. The door switch is working. Dryer is probably 6 or so years old.
1) Be sure your clothes dryer is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it's plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be aware that most electric dryers don't plug into standard 120-
volt receptacles; they operate on 240 volts.
Make sure the door is closed completely, the timer is advanced to the proper position, and the correct cycle is selected.
2) If the receptacle is dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that serves that circuit.
3) Unplug the dryer and check the power cord and the terminal block. If necessary, replace the cord.
4) Open the door, and check the door switch. Press and release it; it should click each time. If it doesn't, it's probably broken.
If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call an appliance repair service.
5) If the dryer still doesn't work, a thermal fuse or other electrical or electronic part may be faulty. The thermal fuse, found in the back cover panel, can stop working if the dryer overheats. Call an appliance service person if you suspect an electrical part may be malfunctioning.
Thanks for using FixYa
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2013 | Hoover VHC391 T-80 Dryer
Jun 09, 2012 | Whirlpool LER4634J Electric Dryer
Nov 27, 2011 | Dryers
Apr 24, 2011 | Dryers
Jan 24, 2010 | Speed Queen AES28AWF Electric Dryer
May 05, 2009 | Dryers
May 20, 2008 | Whirlpool LGV4634JQ Gas Dryer
100 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!