Question about Polaroid Televison & Video
See previous answer:
I see so many here with no sound/no picture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signs of damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down the problem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the generic ones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don't put a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses a standby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined and some not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on the power/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--I attach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flat and have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating (saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs 7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over. If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in this photo.
Posted on Oct 30, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 13, 2017 | Polaroid Televison & Video
Sep 01, 2013 | Polaroid TDA-03211C 32 in. LCD HDTV
Apr 03, 2013 | Polaroid FLM-3232 Television
Dec 17, 2010 | Polaroid Televison & Video
Sep 08, 2010 | Polaroid Televison & Video
Mar 09, 2010 | Polaroid FLM-3732 Television
Aug 26, 2009 | Polaroid TLX-01911C LCD TV
Jun 04, 2009 | ASUS Televison & Video
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: