Question about eMachines Computers & Internet
Trying to connet to the internet but got connected with limited access got excellent signal but can't connect please help
Ok,here's the solution,I have my lap top about 100 feet away from my router,have a man cave,I have it plugged in always and when the wind is blowing,my signal will get lost and I get the same reading as you do,but it picks right back up,it's the signal,my vizio,smart tv is connected by wifi and I loose my signal there too,Here's a video to watch,enjoy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf1UgEJq8NY
Posted on Oct 30, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I believe your problem is described in this article by HP. Read it and then call the HP number listed. If they agree that it's one of the problems in the article, then they will replace the motherboard free.
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
check DEVICE MANAGER if the wireless card have the right driver installed. if you found that the wireless card have yellow exclamation point on the right it means, you installed a wrong driver.
check also in BIOS if the wireless card is enable and the switch is turn on.
press Fn+F2 to enable wireless radio/anthena (funtion key with wireless icon in blue color)
some dell laptop have hard switch located right side check this and turn the switch on.
if you want to see the icon n task bar, go to control panel....network connection...right click on wireless adapter...select properties...check Show on taskbar
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
First you need to sign up with an Internet Service Provider than can provide a broadband connection wirh DSL (ADSL in Australia) or a cable connection together with a wireless router with a built-in DSL or cable modem. Alternately a wireless router plus a separate DSL or cable modem.
The modem needs to be configured in accordance with the ISP's instructions.
Then the Wireless router and the wireless card in the computer needs to be configured. Follow these steps:-
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
If you are not sure, then get a computer savy friend to help you.
Posted on Oct 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 04, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Apr 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 28, 2010 | ASUS Eee PC 900HD Netbook
Jan 30, 2010 | Sony VAIO Notebook
May 12, 2009 | X-Micro Technology (XWL11BUSX) Wireless...
Nov 05, 2008 | Dynex 802.11g Wireless-G Laptop Card
Jan 30, 2008 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Mar 14, 2017 | eMachines Computers & Internet
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!