I've read the manual and still can't figure out how to capitalize anything except the first letter (this is automatic) of a name I am putting in the phonebook of my Motorola V170 . If I want to put in a last and first name of an entry, I can't capitalize both. HELP!!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Capitalization in Phonebook
I have found a link to the V170 manual in PDF format, and on the left hand side of the manual under ENTERING TEXT it has a section on capitalization. Please compare against your own phone to see if it matches.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When typing we often have to press "alt" then the letter we want to be capitalized, but there is a simple and easy way to get capital letters. What we need to do is press and hold the letter we want to be capitalized. By doing this we will see the letter moving from a lower case letter to a upper case letter.
To help you locate the section pertaining to this issue in the User Manual:
1. Download the file by right-clicking this link and select "Save" "Save link as" or "Save as"
2. Open the PDF document once downloaded and press the "Ctrl" key together with the letter "f" to start a "Find" or "Search" dialog.
3. Type the word "capitalize" and press "Enter" to find the exact areas of the User Manual containing visual instructions.
check your text button settings
I think it's the star button every time you hit it it will change the type of text from capital to lower case to numbers to symbles ect.
If it is not the star button look for the button with the arrow on it pointing upwards