Question about Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If your modem is not communicating with your Linksys router, your Arris modem was most likely installed directly to a PC or Mac when either you or a technician installed it. As soon as it connected it registered your MAC address from your NIC. You need to make your sure that the modem is still talking to the PC or Mac. Please try the steps below.
1. Find out what your NIC's MAC is (go to "Start", "run", "CMD", "ipconfig/all")
2. Copy down your NIC's "Physical Address." That is the MAC.
3. Go into your router's web based utility (Linksys is 192.168.1.1, username:none ; pw: admin) and click on the "Advanced" tab.
4. Then click on the "MAC Address Clone" tab.
5. Type in the number that you copied down. Click "Apply."
6. Now power cycle your Modem while it is disconnected from your computer and router. Power Cycle the router. After everything has rebooted connect the router to the modem and you should be good to go!
In most cases, this should work, and you ought to have internet access now.
If this did not work, the following is a quick fix:
1. Go to the 'Applications & Gaming' tab
2. Click the sub-heading 'DMZ'
3. Click 'Enable'.
4. Click 'Save settings'.
5. Wait for the settings to save, and click 'Continue'.
If this doesn't work, I would recommend calling your cable ISP and telling them that you need a modem that will work with more than one computer, or you need them to send a tech out who is able to set up the internet through a router.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2015 | Arris Computers & Internet
Feb 20, 2014 | Arris Computers & Internet
Feb 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 16, 2010 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
Nov 06, 2010 | Arris Computers & Internet
Oct 22, 2009 | Belkin 802.11g Wireless Desktop Network...
Apr 15, 2009 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
Mar 18, 2009 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
815 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: