a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Faulty cartride or fuser causes ghoost image in print outs.Primary level:check with another cartridge. Secondry level: Remove fuser assm out, check teflon sleeve surface deposited with toner?. replace teflon sleeve if available if not replace fuser assm. In fuser modes we can increase/decrese the temparature of fuser. Note: only service engineer can replace the teflon sleeve.. user not advisable
Please print a configuration page from the control panel of the printer
- Menu > Information menu > print configuration.
- Check for paper handling details.
Following setting should reflect.
Tray 1: Any size / Any Type
Tray 2: A4 size / Plain Type
If the above settings are not reflecting in the configuration page, please change accordingly by browsing on the control panel of the printer to:
Paper Handling Menu >
Tray 1 Size: Any
Tray 1 Type: Any
Tray 2 Size: A4
Tray 2 Type: Plain
This issue can be due to fuser. I am sure you have changed the toner cartridge.
To confirm its a fuser issue, please perform the following:
1. Try printing a configuration page from tray 1, pull the top cover, as soon as the media is 60-70% inside the printer.
This would stop the paper before reaching the fusing assy.
2. Remove the paper and check if the line exist.
If exists, fuser is not faulty.
If it does not, then transfer roller, laser/scanner assy is faulty
- If fuser is faulty, perform the cleaning page as following
1. go to configure device > print quality > create/process cleaning page
perform cleaning page 5-6 times, however, if the line is due to fuser, then fuser needs to be changed.
Hi within the driver printing preferences you are able to change the graphic mode if you do this it may help. Without seeing what you are trying to print cannot give a accurate answer so try this and get back to me if this doesn't work