I had a problem with acer 7730 crystal clear webcam and ended up uninstalling it by mistake. i've managed to re-install a version from web, but can no longer find it as an application to open. works on MSN but not as an application webcam. when i go to 'programs', i can see the web cam flder, but all it has in it is the 'uninstal' option... any idea?
You need to download the application for the webcam. Remember applications are not the same as drivers. And if you downloaded the drivers, that doesnt mean you're going to also have dowloaded the application.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Click "Start." Click "All Programs." Open the "Crystal Eye Webcam" folder. Click "Acer Crystal Eye Webcam" to launch the webcam and turn on the camera. If "Acer Crystal Eye" isn't available on the Start Menu, go to "Acer," then click "Acer OrbiCam."
Click the drop-down menu on the toolbar to change the resolution. Click the gear icon to change the settings.
Click the camera icon to capture a photo. To turn off the Acer webcam, click the "X" button on the top of the window.
Perhaps this might help. I got this from a quick scan of this problem.
Click on Start>>>Then type in something like "crystal" into the
"start search" bar at the bottom of the start menu>>> Acer
Crystal Eye Webcam should then come up and then you just click on it to
if you have driver no problem IF not go webside HP download web cam driver >model no
1. Downloaded the file.
2. Unzipped it to a folder on my desktop.
3. Ran the "Setup.exe" file in the folder that got unzipped.
4. Went through the installer until it got to the end and then let it restart my computer.
5. Waited for my computer to restart.
6. It popped up something saying it was installing the drivers for my webcam. Waited until it was done.
7. Opened the Control Panel.
8. Opened the Device Manager.
9. Find my webcam under "Imaging Devices". I noticed it was listed as "HP Pavilion Webcam" despite having just installed the Acer drivers.
10. Right-clicked on my webcam and chose "Update Driver Software..."
11. Chose "Browse my computer for driver software"
12. Chose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
13. Unchecked the "Show compatible hardware" checkbox.
14. Scrolled down to the Chicony manufacturer.
15. Chose the "Acer Crystal Eye webcam.
16. Told it to install anyway when it asked me a question about installing that driver.
17. Waited for the driver to be installed.
18. Noted that my webcam was now listed as an Acer Crystal Eye webcam in Device Manager.
And that was it. It appears to work totally fine now! Again, I have my
fingers crossed that it won't suddenly break again, but so far so good.
Forgot to note: This is on a DV6000T running Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium.
if i understeand correctly your webcam is not working follow these steps to solve your problem:
a.go to official website(acer) b.select download drivers c.select Aspire 7720 d.download the 3 driver for webcam and try it all (Bison,Chicony and Suyin) e.try each one to see witch is working.
i have an acer gemstone and i had a technical fault with thier built in crystal eye webcam and i exchanged it for another laptop and that worked fine. as far as i know acer arent the best of equiptment