Question about Compaq Armada M700 Notebook
.when i open mycomputer folder there is no dvd drive folder.it is becoming very difficulty to manage. and my drivers are lost ,please suggest me what to do?
Let me give this a shot.
1. Right click on MY COMPUTER from your desktop.
2. Click PROPERTIES
3. I assume you're using WIN2K so click the HARDWARE tab.
4. Click DEVICE MANAGER.
5. Under M700 it should be the 5th item down I believe. DVD/CD-ROM drives.
6. Expand that listing. You most likely have a yellow exclamation point there, yes?
7. Right click on Compaq DVD-ROM SD C2402 and if the option is there please click ENABLE. If your option is DISABLE please continue reading.
8. Right click on Compaq DVD-ROM SD C2402 again. This time click PROPERTIES.
9. The 3rd tab is DRIVER. Please click that.
(PAUSE HERE AND LEAVE THOSE PROPERTY WINDOWS OPEN)
10. Double click on MY COMPUTER on your desktop and proceed to your C:WINNTsystem32
11. In the folder C:WINNTsystem32drivers you are most likely missing redbook.sys and cdrom.sys In the folder C:WINNTsystem32 you are missing storprop.dll (I HAVE BOTH FILES BUT MY FILE SHARING SITE IS DOWN.)
12. After the files get placed in the appropriate locations return to the DRIVER tab of the PROPERTIES window. From here or from the ADD NEW HARDWARE wizard of your laptop you'll be able to search for a suitable driver and barring some other crazy reason for this happening you'll now have those files.
In case you can not find the driver files:
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2011 | ASUS Eee 4G Notebook
Mar 01, 2011 | PC Laptops
Nov 06, 2010 | Intel Durabook V38263 Notebook
Oct 25, 2010 | PC Laptops
Mar 25, 2010 | PC Laptops
Jan 02, 2010 | Sony VAIO VGN-FJ170/B Notebook
Sep 19, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Jun 23, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook
Apr 17, 2009 | Dell Latitude D500 Notebook
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!