Question about Washing Machines
Noisy drum on spin
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: replace drum bearing
To complete this repair correctly and to prevent problem re occuring within months you must change the inner drum spider at the same time as the bearing kit, otherwise you are wasting your time, to complete the repair if you have not done one before will take you aprox 1 to 3 hours depending on space available and practicle ability, here goes, remove lid and outer case from machine to do this remove bolts on lower back and two side bolts (under small white covers) remove bolts along top edges both sides on top of macnine, remove cabinet, remove motor, remove hoses, remove heater and thermostat wires, noting location for refitting, remove suspension leg pins and lift outer drum assembly complete fron lower frame, split two halves of outer drum by removing bolts around centre seem, split drum in two, remove drum pully, refit pully bolt and drift inner drum out having put nut back on drum spider thread to avoid flaring shaft, using hammer knock shaft through bearings, then using a chisel or similer object knock out bearings and seal, reverse process refitting new bearins and spider, make sure to replace centre outer drum seal, as these are prone tro leaking I suggest you also seal with a layer of clear silicon, and problems contact me again, not really a job for a novice. Good Luck you will need it. Regards Advisor
Posted on Aug 30, 2007
SOURCE: candy drum bearing replacement
This is fairly straightforward but little hard work to remove and fix. If you have Candy Washing machine such as model CE430 which is fully automatic electro-mechanical with AC motor , the replacement will be as follows that I have done successfully
1. Remove the belt and motor, then remove the hex nut on then drum pulley. But pulley may not come out. It is suggested to remove the hex nut whiled drum on the frame because it is easy to remove while it is on the frame.
2. Take the complete drum assembly out of the washing machine frame.
3. Leave the drum assy on a bench with pulley side upward, use puncher to tap onto the center of the drum spindle, make sure that you will not damage the screw threads on the spindle. the spindle should go down the pulley should pop up.
4. Then keep punching until drum spindle and the “Y” arm assemble comes out.
5. Now you will have the pulley and drum and Y spindle removed. the 2 bearings and water seal still in the drum casing.
6. Use rust cleaner chemical or spray to dissolve the rust off. Then use either bearing puller or use iron puncher to tap on the bearing gently but hard , may use 1kg hammer and take each bearing out. The inner bearing will come out with the water seal.
7. How to get the spare parts; these parts are very common in this geographical region ( Asia). You can buy generic parts. Get the mechanical specifications on the bearing to buy the bearing. The water seal which is generally referred as oil seal, look for specifications such as specs will have inner & outer diameter and the height ( width) ie 22 mm, 40mm and 10mm for water seal of the Candy CE430. Make sure you have the exact shape of the water seal as the original one.
8. Install back the new parts: you need to smoothen the spindle and clean the area as well. to have less friction , smoothen the spindle surface using sand-paper, it will be easy to press the bearing and the spindles.
9. 1st you install the bearings. You need to add thick lubricant in between the inner bearing and inside of the water seal. Then insert the water seal as well.
10. The drum spindle can be inserted to the bearing, you cannot use iron hammer because it will dent the drum, you need to push and may use wooden plank warp with thick cloth like towel to batter on to the center of the drum gently, if the spindle is smoothen properly it should go in with out a hassle. Make sure that drum rotates freely, then pulley can be installed.
11. The drum bearing replacement is completed
12. Re-install the other parts back.
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
To start ensure that machine is well balanced, and that the load is well distributed inside the drum.
If the problem is not balancing, then the most common is a broken drum bearing spider or a bad drum bearing. A symptom of drum bearing problems is the drum having excessive play when you spin by hand.
Also struts and springs must be checked.
Posted on Apr 18, 2009
Remove drum drive belt, and spin drum by hand, if there is any resistance,. or it feels rough or noisy, the the main bearigs have probably failed.
If it is o/k then check motor for worn or noisy bearings,
Please rate my solution.
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2011 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Feb 21, 2010 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Feb 02, 2010 | Hotpoint Aquarius WMA42 Front Load Washer
Jan 27, 2010 | Ariston Technologies AW149NA Washer
Jan 26, 2010 | Hotpoint WMA40 Front Load Washer
Nov 02, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF220 Front Load Washer
Jul 24, 2009 | Ariston Technologies Ariston AWD12 Front...
Apr 18, 2009 | Ariston Technologies Ariston AWD12 Front...
Dec 02, 2008 | Creda IWD12 Front Load Washer / Dryer
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!