Question about Fellowes Office Equipment & Supplies
The motor works but the paper will not shred
It is probably a gear that is not longer connecting or is worn so will not turn the teeth. It is a little known fact that shredders need to be lubricated at least annually as the fine paper begins to clog the teeth over time and can over-work the motor.
Solution if this is the case - purchase a new shredder and some lubrication.
Posted on Oct 29, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: shredding no more
if the unit is pulling paper thru but not shredding your cutters have separated for some reason. If not pulling paper thru but machine is running you probally have a broken gear causing cutters to no longer turn you may hear a clunking or grinding noise or gear may be stripped if shredder sounds like it is spinning freely. Contact manufacturer for parts availability.
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
SOURCE: Royal 10X confetti shredder
More than likely, there is a lot of paper debris jammed between the cutters and strippers. If you are handy, try the following.
Disconnect the power.
Disassemble the shredder from the lower bin to access the cutting head. Clear the head of all debris with a small screw driver or ice pick. Reassemble and oil the cutters with shredder oil, being careful not to get any oil on the optics. This should solve the sluggish problem. Oil on a regular basis, before every use.
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
I had the same problem with my Novitech Model: PS-026/B2 only working in reverse but not forward. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could find any loose wires, broken parts etc. Keep in mind I am not a paper shredder mechanic, but I was able to fix it, at least for the time being, and here is how:
1. Unplug the machine, and I mean it. Make sure you unplug the machine before you start any fixin'. Unplug the machine!
2. I unscrewed the 7 screws located at the bottom of the case
3. I carefully separated the cases and made sure I did not allow any tension on the few wires that span the case halves
4. With the can of electronics duster I use for my computer keyboard, I sprayed all of the electric contacts, making sure I did not spray any of the grease at the gears. I poked the straw in all of the switch housings and the motor.
5. If you feel a little adventurous, you can remove the 6 screws that hold the cover and safety switch in place. At this point pay attention to how the safety switch arm is positioned ( take a picture if you have to) so it will be in the correct position during assembly. Remove the cover and look for anything that could be caught in the shredders. Remove any foreign matter with tweezers or needle nose pliers. Replace the safety switch and cover, make sure the switch arm is in the same position before you took it apart.
6. Put the two case halves together making sure there are no wires pinched inbetween. Put the seven screws back where they belong and tighten snugly ( do not over tighten cause you will break the plastic, guaranteed!)
7. Place the machine on the waste bucket and plug it in. And voila the motor should start buzzing and humming like it was brand new.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
Try reverse, forward, reverse a few times. If thet doesn't work, unplug it, turn the shredding unit off and pick out whatever paper you can see, both top and bottom. Watch your fingers, the cutters are sharp.
Posted on Aug 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2015 | Shredder Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 20, 2014 | Shredder Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 05, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 23, 2010 | OfficeMax Office Equipment & Supplies
May 31, 2010 | Tech Solution TS-4500 Shredder
Aug 10, 2009 | Fellowes DM8C Cross-Cut Shredder
Feb 18, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 09, 2009 | Fellowes DM8C Cross-Cut Shredder
Jul 31, 2008 | Fellowes DM15C Shredder
Mar 07, 2008 | Aurora Global AS501X-MS Shredder
May 25, 2017 | Fellowes Office Equipment & Supplies
226 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!