Question about Philips Televison & Video
Model no 42 pfl 7962d/05
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Digital tuning
You'll need to go into service mode and do a factory reset.
To enter service mode you'll need to press these buttons on your remote in the following order:-
Standby-info-menu-mute-standby.You'll need to do it fairly quickly and be patient it doesn't always go into it first time,don't press and hold the buttons.
The service menu should appear on the screen.Use the up /down cursor to scan down to option number 12 (factory reset)and then press the right cursor wait will appear on the screen and the set will go to standby(don't worry this is normal)
Reboot the set and retune and all should be well
Posted on Nov 04, 2007
SOURCE: 42" philips plasma
when a television turns off by itself and flashes as you say, it indicates that there is a problem inside the tv. If you keep trying to turn it on you may do more damage. It could be something as simple as a faulty fuse inside. If you have no expierience with electrics I suggest you get it checked out by a professional. I had a similar problem with another tele model and it was the fuse in the back of the tele that needed changing. I did try to this on my own but unfortunatley didn't have the right fuse so i took it to a repair shop and he done it really quickly.
Posted on Oct 23, 2008
If I have the right manual you should connect the wii cable from the package to th backside of the tv. You will see four pluges. Choose with VGA you want to use, this is not important. Use the cable from the wii and plug in two of three pluges, you must match te coulors. If you have a cable box installed you will probably have scart (a big cable with a large head) connect this and it would run smooth. You can also connect the three pluges from the cable to your cable-box, use the red, wihte, and yellow pluge.
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
Updating the Channel List Automatically You can update the channel list when the broadcaster adds new Services or if you move the TV to a new location.
1. Press the MENU button to display the menu. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Digital Menu", then press the ENTER button.
2. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Channel", then press the ENTER button.
3. Press the ENTER button again, to select "Country".
4. Select the appropriate country by pressing the ▲ or ▼ button. Press the ENTER button to confirm your choice. Even though you have changed the country setting in this menu, the country setting for Analogue TV is not changed. (Refer to page 11 of the user guide)
5. Press the ▲ or ▼ button again, to select "Auto Store". Press the ENTER button. When it has finished, the number of scanned services will be displayed. The existing favourite channel list will not be deleted when the channel list is updated. To stop the scan before it has finished, press the ENTER button with "STOP" selected.
6. Press the EXIT button to exit. If the signal status is poor, the "No Service found! Check the aerial connection" message is displayed. Check the aerial connection and the try the procedure again
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Just got through to Samsung support. Turns out the freeview card had frozen and needed a reset. To do this put tv on standby. then press in serries these buttons on the remote: 'info' 'menu' 'mute' 'power' TV will then turn on with a default screen. Press 'arrow down' button untill you reach option 12 'reset' . then push the 'right arrow' and tv will reset and start in plug and play mode and commence a scan when you've set the time. Just retuned mine and its back to normal. Hoorah!!! :-)
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2016 | Philips Televison & Video
May 29, 2014 | Televison & Video
Nov 01, 2013 | Televison & Video
Apr 26, 2017 | Televison & Video
Jul 31, 2011 | Philips Televison & Video
Jul 19, 2011 | Philips 42PFL3603D/27 42 in. LCD TV
May 16, 2010 | Televison & Video
Mar 16, 2010 | Philips 55PL9223 55" Rear Projection...
Jan 13, 2010 | Philips TV Tuner Video Capture PCI Card -...
Dec 16, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!