Question about HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Keep getting error code Oxc18a306. Tried repeatedly turning off, back on. No luck.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Please perform the following steps:
A. - Press and hold the “left arrow” key.
B. - Press the “Setup” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release the “OK” button
Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0616R)
Now, perform the following instructions:
1. Press and release the right arrow button until the displaysays “System Configuration Menu” 2. Press and release the “OK” button.3. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
4. Press and release the “OK” button.5. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.6. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.7. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.8. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.9. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer10. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK. 11. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.13. If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.
Posted on Jul 27, 2008
SOURCE: Ink System Failure HP C5180
Hidden tech menu For resetting and repair, FIX UIAUX
Fixes error 0xc18a0507 error ink system fail
press <left arrow> then press <setup> button together
then press <ok>once support R0631m comes on screen
right arrow 2 times to the System configuration menu
then <ok> to select and ok to confirm reset error.
then <cancel> to escape ( all of witch are onscreen instructions.)
presto restart and no further error
------------- solution 2 ----------------------------------
HP C5180 All-In-One Printer HARD RESET:
Hold down HELP + OK button and unplug printer
Hold down HELP + OK button again as you plug the printer back in.
Then power it on, if it doesn’t power on automatically.
Be Safe: keep holding the buttons until the printer turns itself off. (It took mine less than a minute.)
Now you can release the buttons and simply power it back on.
I got an error message about “improper shut down” since I unplugged it w/out powering down. After I clicked “OK” the printer was just fine and didn’t mind anymore. And now I can print.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
This is due to ON/OFF switch is having the issue. Repair/replace the switch with the help of expert engineer/service center experts will resolve your problem.
Revert back for more assistance.
Posted on Jan 29, 2010
Testimonial: "helpful thanks"
SOURCE: HP C5180 PRINTER ERROR
Hi ok try
I found this I know your error not in here but it may work for
It worth a try nothing to lose and it may work.
I know your error code is not in this but it some times it clean the error with this type of error number you can gave it a go try not harm it
Error code: 0xc18a0201, 0xc18a0206, 0xc18a0306, 0xc18a030a, 0xd0620130, 0x887dd03a, 0xd05d010d, 0xf0af8004, 0xc19ac3ff, 0xc18a050...
Reset the product:
1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
2. Remove the cartridges from the product.
3. Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel.
4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
5. Wait 60 seconds.
6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
9. Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
THAT 0X ERROR IS AN INK SYTEM FAILURE IT MAY HAVE BEEN CAUSED FROM THE REFURBED CARTRIDGES... THE HP WILL WORK WITH THE REFURBS FOR A FEW TIMES BEFORE REJECTING THE CARTRIDGE OR CAUSING AN 0x ERROR. THE UNIT NEEDS TO GO THRU AN ELABORATE INK SYSTEM RESET. OR HAVE THE PRINTER REPLACED
Posted on Mar 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 26, 2014 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 30, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 31, 2011 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 30, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
May 01, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 23, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 09, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 17, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 26, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
639 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!