Question about Dell XPS 15z Computer Intel Core i72620M processor 270 GHz with Turbo Boost 20 up to 34 PC Notebook
Ran a diagnostic, told me hard drive was missing. Everything else was fine. Dell xps 15.
The hard drive may be malfunctioning, remove hardware and reseat back in place, if no change have it checked for possible replacement.
Posted on Oct 27, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Dell Inspiron 6000
The short DST test is generally the failure of the HDD,It would giive you code next to it , that would something like 1000-0146,or 1000-0141 etc. Do give that code and I would let you know the exact failure
Posted on Jun 16, 2008
SOURCE: Dell "Drivers and Utilities" CD
Hi, the "No Diagnostic Utility Partition Found" is returned because your laptop does not find the recovery partition on C drive.
Easiest way to create partition is with dell recovery cd. You can buy CDs from dell, buy finding contact on web site or buy from one of the following.
Dell Restore Disk: XP Pro SP2 for ... $35.00 - DIMOSOL - Digital ...
Dell Latitude D600 XP System Recovery CD ... $18.95 - recovery-cds.com ...
Dell Latitude D600 Vista System Recovery ... $18.95 - recovery-cds.com ...
Buy recovery cd according to windows version on sticker at the back of your laptop.
With recovery CD you wont need drivers.
Alternative solution is downloading drivers posted by Maanita after installing Windows from a generic Windows setup CD.
Posted on Aug 13, 2008
SOURCE: Dell XPS M2010 Starting Problems
Ok. Here is the thing. I hope everybody sold their problem, but I will just post for others who may experience the same thing.
1st believe it or not : there is nothing wrong with motherboard, as when you press the power button, computer will shut down. with defective motherboard it will just continue running untill you will unplug it.
2nd believe it or not : it can not be battery issue or hard drive issue, because it does not make any scenes in any way. I have to agree that hard drive on the right is semi-correct answer.
IT is video card that messing up everything. And it is located right under right hard drive. That's why when somebody removed hard drive he/she accidentally corrected the cooling system of video card , which returned M2010 to live.
1. First remove the top cover from the computer. There are 2 sides the plastic things. If you look at the back of your laptop you will see 2 small holes , one on every edge of the back. You stick something there it will loose the front cover.
2. unscrew all the screws hat have ">" or "<" signs next to them. there are something about 15-16 screws in total: this will allow you to open the cover under wich you can find the motherboard and stuff. When you open the cover pry to start the computer, and you will see that fans will not start even after 1-2 minutes after you hit the power button.
3. Remove the right hard drive and under it you will find screws A, B, C, D (silver) and also 1,2,3,4 (black) unscrew the black ones first, them remove video card with the cooling mechanism. now try to turn on the machine. you can see that after like 20-30 seconds fans start working which means that motherboard is fine and it was the video card that was giving problems.
1. I am not sure what causes the issue but I have fixed it this way:
uscrew silver screws and disconnect cooling part from the actual video card.
2. clean both, video card and cooling system not touching sky blue foam ICs. That staff is needed to cool the chips on the video card.
3. let them dry for an hour or so after cleening, than apply some Thermal compound, thermal paste and re assemble the video card with the cooling staff. (mek sure no screw is loose or something)
4. put it back and turn on the computer. If it works , whell .. it works now :)
if not then either you levae some liquid on the video card or screws are loose. try to play a bit with screws. but my personal suggestion is just to wait for a minute or two until video card gets hot and fixes liquid problems itself :)
Try it. It worked for me perfectly ...
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 13, 2013 | Dell XPS Computers & Internet
Feb 08, 2013 | Dell XPS M1210 Notebook
May 01, 2017 | Dell Xps 15 Laptop Computer (Intel CORE I5...
Nov 05, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
Sep 05, 2011 | Dell Vostro 1500 Notebook
Aug 13, 2011 | Dell XPS M1330 Notebook
Dec 20, 2010 | Dell XPS M1330 Notebook
Jun 29, 2010 | Dell XPS M1530 Laptop
Apr 18, 2010 | Dell XPS M1530 Laptop
Feb 23, 2012 | Dell XPS 15z Computer Intel Core i72620M...
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: