Question about iLO Televison & Video
REMOTE AND MENU DO NOT WORK BUT I CAN USE MY DIRECT TV REMOTE TO TURN IT ON
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
What you have there could be one of three possibilities. Micro, eprom or tact switches... Tact switches are the small contact switches behind the buttons you depress to turn the volume up and down or change the channel. Sometimes these small switches can become contaminated or breakdown due to corrosion. What we call in the industry a windex syndrom, because the older crts on some models had the swiches exposed just below the lower ridge of the cry where when cleaning the screen windex could drip down onto the switch and cause the corrosion to begin.
Eprom is another likely suspect. This Ic is responsible for storing an array of information including customer settings and other logics convert what the eprom stores into electronic pulses for any number of fuctions. For example press the volume down on your Tv and the eprom has the information to show you the volume bar, the level the volume bar was last set at and the increments at which you are reducing it realtime.
The Micro is another possibility. It acts like a traffic cop engaging various circuits to do or not do something according to a preset list of conditions. Timers, looking at a particular input or yes even bringing up the menu is tasked through the micro controller Ic or micro for short.
The fact that you can eventually get the unit to operate suggests that something in the logic circuit is failing and will in all likelyhood continue to do so until eventually it doesn't work at all...
Posted on Nov 14, 2007
SOURCE: Frozen digital screen
Set TV to standby and press Info, menu, mute then power. The set should turn on with the service menu available scroll down until you select reset press right hand arrow next to enter and then enter. TV will turn off. When switched on it goes into Plug and Play mode to reset the analogue and digital tuner. Allow a full reset then you should be ok.
Posted on Jan 28, 2008
There is a button lock in the menu of the television. Using your remote access the menu screen and unlock the buttons.
Posted on Feb 19, 2009
One of two things. Most likely one of the buttons on the Tv is bad causing eratic functions. Igf so you might be able to disconnect the whole button-board. Could be the maion board in which case it's time to shop for a new TV.
Posted on May 13, 2009
Updating the Channel List Automatically You can update the channel list when the broadcaster adds new Services or if you move the TV to a new location.
1. Press the MENU button to display the menu. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Digital Menu", then press the ENTER button.
2. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Channel", then press the ENTER button.
3. Press the ENTER button again, to select "Country".
4. Select the appropriate country by pressing the ▲ or ▼ button. Press the ENTER button to confirm your choice. Even though you have changed the country setting in this menu, the country setting for Analogue TV is not changed. (Refer to page 11 of the user guide)
5. Press the ▲ or ▼ button again, to select "Auto Store". Press the ENTER button. When it has finished, the number of scanned services will be displayed. The existing favourite channel list will not be deleted when the channel list is updated. To stop the scan before it has finished, press the ENTER button with "STOP" selected.
6. Press the EXIT button to exit. If the signal status is poor, the "No Service found! Check the aerial connection" message is displayed. Check the aerial connection and the try the procedure again
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jun 08, 2011 | Samsung UE40B7020 40 in. LED TV
Jul 06, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jan 20, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jun 04, 2008 | Samsung LE26R73BDX 26 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Feb 22, 2008 | Samsung LE32R73BD 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Feb 17, 2008 | Universal Remote Control DIRECTV Universal...
Jan 21, 2008 | RCA 20F420T 20" TV
Dec 09, 2007 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
Aug 23, 2007 | Samsung LE26R73BDX 26 in. HD-Ready LCD...
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!