a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
While on the log on screen, in the lower left corner, there should be a blue square with a circle in it. Click that and enable the "Type without the keyboard" an on screen keyboard will appear, and click the letters on that for your password
the screen bias needs to be turned down-ehind the front cover which is behind the grille there is a small black square about 3 inch square 6 little knobs sticking out 3 say in small letters screen and 3 say focus, don't adjust the focus just the screen for the coresponding color that shows up when picture is dark.best way to do this is darken the room and put it on video input with no signal if lines are white slowly
adjust 1 color after the other counterclockwise untill
lines disappear if only 1 color shows then only adjust the knob with the matching color. this is a very fine adjustment, to much will make your auto focus stop working. check it after you are done
The bulls eye is what us TV repair guys call it. It is a perfect description. The tube is good. The automatic degausing circuit is not working because the black square thermistor D805 needs resoldering on the bottom of the board. You will find that a magnet will affect it, and a degaussing coil will make it look perfect for 1 week. Soldering the thermistor is a permanent solution.
NOTE: ----DO NOT TOUCH THE CONVERGENCE BOARD " -------
1. Bring Up 1 Projector Light
2. Bring Your Color Convergence + Sign and Should Be Center In Your TV
3. If Not Adjust Center with The 2 Tabs Just Above That Projector Tube You Have Lighted 1 Tab Will Move + Sign Horizontal Then Roll The Other Vertical Then Roll..U Will See--"
4. Once Your + Sign Is Center Turn Up Your 2 Other Projectors Make Sure They Are Able To Adjust Across The + Sign You used 1st Make Sure the 2 Other + Signs Move Left And Right And Up And Below The Vertical and Horizontal Lines. If Not Adjust There Tab to Make This Possible.
5. Using Your REMOTE Converge The + Signs Together.
---------------- IF YOU MESSED WITH THE CONVERGENCE BOARD -------------------
6. Now Lower The 2 Lights So Your 1st Projector Is Lighted
7. Bring Up A Menue On Your TV -- Look At It ...Are The Lettering Center and Square ..??
8. If They are Lower That Projector and Light Your Projectors 1 At A Time To Verify Letters are Center and Square.
---------------If You Have To Adjust The Menue To Bring Center And Square --------
9.Looking At The Convergence Board You Will See 3 Rows Of Adjustment Dials Each Row Is For 1 Projector.
---TAKE NOTE TURN THE ADJUSTMENT Slowly---
10. Locate The Row that will adjust The Projector You Have LITGHTED"....
11. Label On A Paper What Each Knob Will Do To The Screen Very Help-Full
12.Adjust Your Letters Dead Center and Square then Lower That Projector Light And Bring Each Projector Lighted At 1 Time To Verify Menue Is Center And Square.
13.Leave On Your 3rd Projector and Bring Up Your Light On The 1st Projector
14. Adjust the Letters Of Your 1st Projector Over The Letter Of Your 3rd Projector
15. Switch To Your Convergence + Sign To Help --Turn Knobs Slowly ---
16. Make Your Letters Merge Together And Your Lines Square.
17. I Use The Top Letters and Lower Letters And Keep The box Square
18. Hey If Your Projector Colors When Looking Through The Rear Of The TV Are Not Equal With Take And loosen The Wing Nuts And Turn The Lens To Focus the Color and Make Narrow Or Wide....All 3 - Equal
DO NOT GET UPSET THIS WILL TAKE TIME MAYBE ALL DAY SO RELAX HAVE FUN"
Do Not go Sticking Your Hand Into The TV While TV Is Plugged into The Wall" ---
That is a unique problem. You might make sure that your mirror and lenses are clean and that nothing has fell in the way of the tubes. There isnt anything else that could come to mind that would cause this.
We need a better description of what you mean by shadowing. However I am assuming:
1. You mean it ''bleeds'' off to the right when you have something with a hard red/blue drive.
2. When you turn the contrast and color down a bit it gets better.
unfortunatly I cannot tell you how to fix convergence, but I can think of some other possibilities.
In this case the red/blue emmision of the crt is dying off and going into saturation when driven hard. To fix, replace with a new picture tube/crt. In some cases you can get a little more life out of that tube (with a watchable picture) by having the screen, focus, cathode bias, and drives slightly readjusted. It will take someone with experience in doing these adjustments on a weak tube to get it looking as good as possible.
Given the construction of the cathodes (guns) in that crt, only a very low level crt reactivate should be tried on it. The hard rejuv most crt testers give is highly likley to completely destroy the cathode on that crt.