Question about Brother MFC-7440N Laser Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You may not see a paper jam.
This may work for you, it has worked for many here I given this advice so gave it a try it could work for you. Generally when this happens, something has fallen into the printer, or a piece of paper has been jammed in there.
First step, remove the ink cartridge, and turn the printer upside down and gently shake it, see if anything comes out.
If nothing goes, or you can't hear anything rattling around, get a piece of cardstock paper (60lb or heavier) and gently push this through the printer, to see if it will help push out what might be stuck in there.
And gave the rode that the ink slides on a good clean and maybe a bit oil on cloth and wipe the rod with it.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 27, 2010
SOURCE: Brother MFC 8460n paper pickup
Please follow these steps to assure you have made sure there is no jam.
1. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
2. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
3. Open the back cover.
4. Pull the tabs at the left and right hand sides toward you to open the fuser cover (1).
5. Using both hands, gently pull the jammed paper out of the fuser unit.
6. Close the back cover.
7. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
8. Close the front cover.
9. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
10. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
11. Hold down the lock lever on the right and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit. Take out the jammed paper if there is any inside the drum unit.
12. Put the toner cartridge back into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the lock lever will lift automatically.
13. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
14. Close the front cover. Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine. Use both hands to slowly pull out the jammed paper.
15. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
16. Slowly take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. The jammed paper may be pulled out with the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly, or this may release the paper so you can pull it out of the paper tray opening.
17. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
18. Close the front cover.
20. Put the paper tray firmly back in the machine.
21. Take out any paper from the ADF (automatic document feeder) that is not jammed. Open the ADF cover. Carefully pull out the jammed document to the left. Check for and remove any small pieces of paper stuck in the machine. A small piece of paper stuck in ADF will cause a document jam.
22. Close the ADF cover. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed under the document cover. Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Lift the document cover. Pull out any jammed documents to the right. Again, carefully check for and remove any small pieces of paper.
23. Close the document cover. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed at the output tray. Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Pull the jammed document out to the right.
24. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed in the duplex slot (only for machines which support Duplex printing). Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Pull the jammed document out to the right.
25. Press Stop/Exit. Make a Copy to test. Before placing your document(s) in the ADF verify the error message "Document Jam" in no longer displayed on the LCD. If the error message continues to appear on the LCD, please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us". Verify the ADF document support (located on the top of the ADF) is pulled out. Verify the document(s) are between 5.8 to 8.5 in. wide and 5.8 to 14in. long. Make sure the documents are inserted face up in the ADF, top edge first. The ADF can hold up to 50 pages and feeds each sheet individually. Use standard 20 lb (80 g/m²) paper and always fan the pages before putting them in the ADF.
DO NOT use paper that is curled, wrinkled, folded, ripped, stapled, paper-clipped, pasted or taped. DO NOT use cardboard, newspaper or fabric. Make sure documents written with ink are completely dry. Adjust the paper guides to fit the width of your documents. This ensures the document(s) will feed straight, preventing jams. Make a copy listed below:
For MFC users :
For DCP users :
Press Copy located below the LCD and then press Start.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jul 06, 2011
Hi Make sure the paper tray is installed properly. Re-install the paper tray. Hope this helps...please post back for further assistance. Daniel
Make sure the paper tray is installed properly. Re-install the paper tray. Hope this helps...please post back for further assistance.
Posted on Jul 10, 2011
SOURCE: brother mfc 9700 keeps jamming
Hi, maibe it is the cartidge, the pinions not working. Pull out the toner cartridge and replace with another, if you have. If not you must try to rotate the cilinder and see if work.
Posted on Sep 14, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2014 | Brother New-MFC9460CDN - MFC-9460CDN Laser...
Aug 09, 2014 | Brother MFC-9460CDN - 25 PPM Multifunction...
Jun 26, 2014 | Brother MFC 9460CDN - Multifunction fax /...
I have a wifi printer and no cables. If you have cd prog, reload from begining then up date from website downloads or go straight to website and download latest update.
Nov 01, 2013 | Brother MFC-9460CDN - 25 PPM Multifunction...
Mar 26, 2012 | Brother MFCJ6710DW All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 20, 2010 | Brother MFC 6490CW InkJet Printer
Jun 06, 2010 | Brother MFC 8840D All-In-One Laser Printer
Sep 27, 2009 | Brother MFC-230c Printer
Jun 18, 2014 | Brother MFC-7440N Laser Printer
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!