Question about Computers & Internet
Most router have a reset in back (button or pin hole) Hold it in till it cycles. Then use WPS option on printer and router for auto configuration. Or, just have printer to DHCP. Again for self configuration.
Posted on Oct 26, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Reliance Wimax will be Dynamic (DHCP)
Step 1 :
Connect the Wimax wire from the wall outlet (power adapter provided by Reliance) to the computer directly. The computer must be in DHCP mode.
Check the IP Address of the Computer. It should be a public IP Address.
Step 2 :
Open a web browser. If you try to open any page, it will take you directly to the Reliance Broadnet Login page. Login with your Reliance User ID and Password. Then Log out.
Close the web browser.
Step 3 :
Now, connect the wimax wire to the WAN Port on the Router and the computer to any LAN port. You can open the Router Setup Page. Do MAC Cloning. Then, save changes. Run DHCP on the Router.
Also you can configure wireless network, by changing the SSID and security.
Step 4 :
On the wired computer, open web browser, go to Reliance Broadnet login page and login and start enjoying the service.
One problem, you might face is when the Router is turned off in between. You may have to repeat the Steps 1,2 & 3 to get the connection back.
Posted on Oct 20, 2008
You reset the D-Link back to the factory default by - Press the RESET button at the back of the wireless router when it is powered up. Holt the RESET button foe at least 5 secs until the LEDs flash and then release the RESET button.
You can then configure the D-Link as follows ;-
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps: -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router wirelessly.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
All you need is your ISP log-in name and password.
Connect the router to your computer with an ethernet cable, log into its web server (generally 192.168.0.1) Get past the gatekeeper (admin and admin) and then navigate to the set-up page and re-enter your ISP info. That normally is all there is to it.
Posted on Nov 21, 2009
SOURCE: wifi problem of DIR-300 dlink
I have purchased a DIR-300 Dlink router. the connection is OK via LAN. the issue is the wifi I cant receive IP from the DHCP server of the router.
Posted on Jan 22, 2010
The DIR-628 does support a USB printer. You need to download the appropriate shareport version from dlink http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=DIR-628&tab=3.firmware
If the printer drivers are already installed on your PC you should be ready to go.
Posted on Jan 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 05, 2016 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Oct 17, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Feb 28, 2012 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Jul 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 30, 2010 | D-Link (DI-711) Router
Nov 19, 2009 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Apr 07, 2008 | D-Link Air DWL-122 802.11b Wireless...
Dec 14, 2007 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!