Question about Champion 9500 Watt Gas Portable Gasoline Generator Carb Electric Start
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 04, 2014 | Electrical Supplies
Dec 27, 2013 | Lifan Generator. 8500W Pro Series...
Nov 27, 2013 | Electrical Supplies
Jul 22, 2013 | Champion International Champion 8000lb...
Jan 11, 2012 | Saws
I found this at http://www.championpowerequipment.com/tech-bulletins/
AVR Voltage Adjustment
This bulletin covers the following Champion Power Equipment models:
C46535 C41150 C41365
C46540 C41155 C75520E
C49055 C41255 C71350E
Note: Read instructions completely before performing service.
1. On the end of the generator locate the round yellow cover held on by two 7mm bolts.
Remove the two bolts and the yellow cover will come right off.
2. At approximately 7 o'clock you'll see a kidney shaped electrical component called the AVR,
which is held on by two 7mm bolts. Remove the two bolts but do not disconnect the wiring
and turn the AVR over so you can see the backside. You should see a round part coming off
the AVR, this is the capacitor. You should also see a small rectangular box with a jewelers
screw, this is your voltage adjustment screw.
3. With a flat head screw driver turn the jewelers screw counter clockwise and this will lower
the voltage. As the screw is turned back watch the volt meter to see adjustment, the
generator must be running to do this.
4. Adjust the screw until the meter reads 250 volts. On model C46540 when the toggle switch
is turned to the 120 side the volt meter should read around 130 volts. Optimum voltage is
5. If voltage does not decrease or does not hold a steady output please contact Champion at
877-338-0999 for a new AVR.
If you have any questions, please contact Champion Power Equipment:
Champion Power Equipment, Inc.
10006 Santa Fe Springs Rd.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Jul 02, 2011 | Champion International Champion Power...
Jan 01, 2010 | Hobart Champion 10,000 All-in-One...
Sep 26, 2009 | Hobart Welders Champion 500433A Factory...
Jul 08, 2009 | Electrical Supplies
Apr 09, 2017 | Champion Televison & Video
115 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: