Question about Seagate Technology 500GB Pipeline HD SATA 3Gb/s Internal Hard
My main hdd is ide, but i run sata for storage. if this pipeline is advisable i would convert over to all sata.
Yes it will work in a PC. All 3.5" sata drives are standardized. Connect it via a SATA cable and you will need to format the drive to work with windows. To do this:
1) Right-click on my computer
2) Click on "Manage"
3) Click yes to allow if any dialogue's pop up.
4) When the menu pops up look at the left side menu and click on "Disk Management"
5) Look for your drive in the list when it populates. It should show a 500GB drive and it may show an error on it since it is not formatted for windows.
6) Be sure this is the correct drive you want to use! Formatting it will erase EVERYTHING on the drive.
7) Right click on the drive in the bottom list and select the Format option.
8) Give it whatever name you want, make sure the format is set to NTFS, check the box for quick format.
9) Let it format, this should only take a few minutes. After that it will show up as a blank drive in My Computer!
Posted on Oct 28, 2012
Note that the disk-drive is 5900 RPM -- a little faster than the "usual" 5400 RPM, but not as fast as a brand-new 7200 RPM disk-drive.
Posted on Mar 10, 2015
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 21, 2017 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250310AS SATA...
Oct 25, 2012 | Seagate Technology 500GB Pipeline HD SATA...
Jul 05, 2011 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250310AS SATA...
Aug 30, 2010 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500 GB SATA Hard...
Apr 06, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 28, 2009 | ASUS MB P5KPL-CM C2D LGA775 INTELG31 ICH7...
Dec 20, 2008 | Seagate 500GB Barracuda ES.2 SATA 3Gb/s...
Nov 19, 2007 | Computers & Internet
284 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: