- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1- Turn off unit. 2- press and hold the bottom right corner of the screen. 3-While still pressing and holding bottom right corner, press and hold power button and continue holding both until a white screen appears with a black dot. 4- follow the on screen directions and your unit will be back to the day you first got it.
Mine does this from time to time. I pull the SD map card, power it off, and hit the reset button while the unit is unplugged. These units are notorious for this. But then again, they're inexpensive. No receipt ... well, you're pretty much stuck with it. No receipt, no return or repair.
You will need to reset the device.
1. On the silver faceplat, under the word "Garmin", there is a tab. Remove the silver-ish fram carefully by pulling on the tab with your nail then by the sides.
2. once removed, press the reset button.
3. Once reset, the unit should work properly.