Question about AEG 24 in. Favorit 80800 Free-standing Dishwasher
We have a smell coming from an AEG This is an AEG 80800 Sensor Logic dishwasher, and water is coming back up through the waste pipe and is sitting in the machine. I have been trying to disconnect the waste pipe from under the appliance - but I have been unable to disconnect. The waste pipe seems to be connected to the underside, but there doesnt appear to be a release mechanism. The machine is quite old I would estimate 8-10 years.
Pour some bleach into the stinky backwash. I know that this is not good for the environment but it will take the stench away while you get a new dishwasher. Sorry but you have plumbing problems out of my range.
Posted on Oct 25, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had this same problem on our AEG dishwasher. The reason was on the controller board. There is one relay switch which drives the heater element.One of the legs of that relay box was disconnecteds from the circuitboard. Check this out.
Posted on Dec 09, 2008
SOURCE: AEG 60830 Leak prevention system
Just pulled machine right out, tipped it over on the side, couldn't see anything obvious or a way "in", so re-positioned it - switched on - error message gone and all working fine !!?!
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
IMPORTANT: Read thoroughly. DO NOT add detergent or other laundry products to this cycle.
1. Remove all items from the washer.
2. Open the dispenser drawer and 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment. DO NOT use more than 2/3 cup (160mL) of bleach per cycle as this will lead to product damage.
3. Close the washer door and dispenser drawer.
4. Select the Clean Washer cycle or a full wash cotton 104 F wash (40 C). DO NOT use any higher temperature as this will cause unnecessary fumes
5. Press Start and allow cycle to complete.
6. If the bad odour persists, repeat the procedure 1 or 2 more times. This may be necessary if this is the first time you have run this cycle.
7. After the cycle is complete, leave the door open slightly to allow ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
8. Repeat the cleaning procedure monthly.
To maintain the washer freshness:
1. Use only HE High Efficiency detergent.
2. Leave the door open after each cycle to for better ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
3. Use warm / hot water in your machine unless the fabric you are washing requires cold.
4. Use the correct amount of fabric softener.
5. If your laundry room is damp, use a dehumidifier.
6. Clean the door seal of visible residue.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
This is caused by the Anti-Flood device at the base of the machiene being activated. This device detects water leaks and is a polystireene float / micro switch that puts the machiene in pump out mode only. You need to determine where the leak comes from (pipe or perforated hose pin hole or pipe clamp etc.) If you tilt the washer and some water comes out from the bottom it is a clear indication that there is a small leak.
Posted on Jan 19, 2010
SOURCE: AEG Favorit 50730 Dishwasher
The dishwasers have heat (inductive) elements in line with the top sprayer hose and is about +/- 15 cm long and has an electrical push on clip at the side of the device.
Posted on Jan 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2014 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 60870M Free-standing...
Oct 19, 2013 | Dishwashers
Mar 23, 2011 | AEG 23 in. Favorit 50750Vi Built-in...
Sep 04, 2010 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 80800 Free-standing...
Feb 02, 2010 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 80800 Free-standing...
Nov 09, 2009 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 60870M Free-standing...
Oct 25, 2009 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 80800 Free-standing...
Oct 24, 2009 | AEG 24 in. Favorit 80800 Free-standing...
Sep 25, 2008 | AEG 18 in. Favorit F54850 Slim-Line...
172 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: