The handset message says " move closer to wall unit but nothing happens. Took in to Future shop but they can not help us. Also the extended warrantee was never offered to us at time of purchase Feb 23, 2008. What do we do??? Have tried to call for assistance by cell phone but can never get through to anyone.
All you have to do is reregister the handset per the instructions. IIRC in mine, you press the MENU on the handset, step to register, then press and hold the HANDSET LOCATOR button on the base until it beeps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi. Even though You did not say how old these units are.?.this is a specific battery problem... you can test it..take the other ones battery and replace problem unit's battery you will see that it will work..You can buy new battery at any Super stores.try to take one with warrant on it.. since you stated that you need an operating manual. pls visit the URL below to download one. Hope this helps! Take care and please Remember to rate/vote and give me 4 Thumbs Up for me to continue for Helping out the Community :) Thanks
Hi, Following may be the cause for getting no link to the base. 1. The handset has lost communication with the base unit.Move closer to the base unit, and try again. 2. Confirm that the base unit’s AC adaptor is plugged in. 3. Raise the base unit antenna. 4The handset’s registration may have been cancelled .Re-register the handset. To Register, follow the below steps. Headset: Press MENU and then press ‘0’ ‘0’ Base unit: Press and hold HANDSET LOCATOR until the CHARGEindicator flashes. (After the CHARGE indicator starts flashing, the rest of the procedure must be completed within 1 minute.) Handset: Press OK, and then wait until the handsetbeeps. Your handset is registered to Base unit. Thank You
Disconnect your phone from the wall and charger....Take out the Batteries and wait 2 secs...Replace batteries and recconnect phone ..see if this problem is still happening.
1. Disconnect Battery from handset(s)
2. Disconnect Phone Cord from wall jack
3. Disconnect Phone cord from base unit
4. Disconnect AC adapter from wall outlet
5. Allow to sit for 30 min
6. Reconnect Phone Cord to base
7. Reconnect Phone cord to wall jack
8. Reconnect AC Adapter to wall outlet
9. Reconnect Battery to hanset until you click or feel the plug snap into place
10. Re-Register Handset by placing on main base in most instances.
Heres a site for more help:http://mycusthelp.net/UNIDEN/supportkbitem.asp?sSessionID=&Inc=1093&sFilA=Product&sFilB=Model&sFilC=&FA=-1&FB=-1&FC=-1
If “No link to base. Move closer to base, try again.” is displayed
even when using the handset near the base unit, the handset may have lost communication with the base unit. You need to re-register the handset to the base unit.
• Make sure the base unit is not being used.
• Have both handsets and base unit nearby during registration.
• Follow steps 1–3 listed below. You have about 1 minute to complete them.
• Confirm the extension number of the handset which has lost the communication by placing the handset on the base unit or charger.
If you re-register the handset using the other handset’s extension number, the other handset will not function.
• If the handset beeps 3 times and “Error!!” is displayed, an error occurred. Try again from step 1.
• You can stop registration by pressing [OFF] on the handset, and pressing [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] on the base unit.
1 Base unit: Press and hold [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] until a beep sounds.
• The CHARGE indicator flashes.
2 Base unit: Press the extension number  (handset symbol 1 ) or  (handset symbol 2) of the
handset which has lost the communication.
3 Handset: Press and hold [FLASH/CALL WAIT] until “Handset Registering” is displayed.
• When registration is complete, a beep sounds from the handset and the display shows the number. • Wait for 20 seconds after registration is complete while the handset establishes communication with the base unit.
• If the handset beeps 3 times and “Error!!” is displayed, an error occurred. Try again from step 1. • You can stop registration by pressing [OFF] on the handset, and pressing [LOCATOR/INTERCOM] on the base unit.
Weak or Hard to Hear Audio (From the Uniden Manual) If the caller’s voice sounds weak or soft, the signal might be blocked by large metal objects or walls; you might also be too far from the base, or the handset’s battery may be weak.
Try adjusting the volume of the earpiece (see page 36) or the audio tone
Try moving around while you’re on a call or moving closer to the base to see if the sound gets louder.
Your getting this message because the radio portion of the handset or/and base is not communicating with each other. This can be temporary or fatal. You can try re-registering the handset(s) to the base by following the directions in the manual, its fairly easy to do for any model. If that does not work,and you have more than one handset not working with this problem, then it sounds as if your base needs repair or replacing.
I solved this problem with a RESET of the handset.
Instructions from the Philips website:
Please perform a reset of your device. You will not loose your recorded data (phonebook and personal settings are being kept).
1. Unplug the mains of the base station.
2. Remove one of the batteries of each handset.
3. Put the batteries back in and re-plug the mains of the base station.