Question about Black & Decker Refrigerators
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Ice/water dispenser sticks
Something kinda frozen treat probably melted and worked it's way into you dispenser area... seen it before. That's where the "sticky" is coming from. UNPLUG THE FRIDGE! MAKE A NOTE OF HOW EVERYTHING COMES APART! Remove the drip tray (if any)and remove any screws you may find there. Now get a small flat blade screwdriver, and pry the fascia panel off the door from the BOTTOM FIRST (you may see notches under there for a screwdriver to fit into) and work your way around it gently until it comes off. Now remove the screws that are facing you to pull the control panel out. When it's out, it'll see be hooked up to the wiring harness. Look for a small brown micro-switch with either 2 or 3 terminals on it. The switch is brown, about an inch long and 3/8" thick... this is the culprit. From here you can do a couple of things. 1.) replace the sticky switch. 2.) Take the wires off of it and remove the switch completely. Then, using a moistened towel, clean it real well and let it dry completely. Then reinstall it and rebuild the dispenser area. Sounds tough, but it should take no more than 45 minutes to do.
Posted on Jul 30, 2007
SOURCE: Water dispenser won't shut off
Hi, You will need to replace the inlet valve located under the refrigerator in the back. Get me a model # and I can assist you further.
Posted on May 23, 2009
I have a Maytag model 2556 AE refridgerator. The ice maker works but the ice and water dispenser, the light and everything else on the front of the unit doesn't work. Is there a fuse that operates this or is there other problems? Thank you Bob
Posted on Mar 11, 2010
there seems to be a problem with the switching panel that changes the ice to water and may need to be replaced you may want to contact Sub-Zero and see what they can do for you because i do not specalize in that kind
Posted on Jan 02, 2011
If the lever on you ice dispenser keeps getting stuck when dispensing ice or water, it is often caused by the button attached to the back of the boot has been removed. The easiest way to resolved this is to get the rubber boot in place. Please follow the following steps below on how to disassemble the dispenser.
1. Lock the dispenser using panel button to preclude undesired water/ice while working.
--> Note: the outer bezel (edge of panel) is secured by screws and should not be messed with.
2. The main panel has tabs on all four sides. You can use screwdrivers to pry the panel off ( you can use small to average size).
3. Pry the main panel working through the seam between the bezel and panel.
4. Work your way around starting from the lower left or upper left corner. Each side of the panel has 3 or 4 tabs. Please use a moderate force to pop the tabs loose.
5. Once the panel is loose, you'll need to disconnect the electrical connector at the upper left.
6. The plug comes off and reattaches easily, don't pull on the wires, use the plastic connector itself. Wiggle the panel free.
7. Now, you can get to the back of the boot retention bezel. Carefully push the bezel's securing tabs (x3) through the panel and reattach the rubber boot.
8. You can use needle nose pliers to carefully pull each rubber nib through their applicable hole on the bezel. Now leave the boot/bezel assembly to the side-it's the last step to reassembly. Note how the main panel tabs fit into their receiving slots/flanges.
9. Reattach the electrical connector, snaps right on, and maneuver center of panel into recessed area, around ice chute/water nozzle.
10. Slide the right and bottom sides on first-flanges, not slots for tabs-then align remainder of panel. Using moderate force, pop (punch) the remaining tabs back into their respective slots. The main panel will seat over the bezel. Now align and snap boot/bezel back into place.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Apr 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 14, 2014 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Nov 25, 2013 | Unknown Primo Deluxe Stainless Steel...
Oct 03, 2013 | Whirlpool GS6SHAXLS Side by Side...
Nov 15, 2009 | GE GSH25JFR Side by Side Refrigerator
Sep 22, 2009 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Oct 11, 2017 | GE CleanSteel GSL25JFTBS
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: