My Omron HJ 112 will no longer count steps. I don't believe it's a battery problem since when we recently did need to replace battery, the clock stopped working. We replaced battery, and everything worked fine after that until now. Clock and everything else seems to be working fine, but steps are not beimg counted. Any suggestions? Do I need to just replace? It's a year old.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The instructions are totally useless: however, I think I've worked it out.
1. Start by setting the time: press the mode button and cycle through until you reach the time display. Press and hold the Set button until the time flashes. Press the adjust button to add one hour. Press set again to get the minutes to flash. Press the adjust button to add a minute. When the correct time has been set press Set.
2. Press the mode button to cycle through to Steps count (this will be a single number, probably fairly low if you've never tried to use it before). Press and hold the set button until the display changes and flashes for KG and CM. Press the adjust button (ADJ) to add a KG until you reach your correct weight. Now press the set button and the CM will flash. This is the measurement of your standard step, not how tall you are. Measure your step (the one you will take when either jogging or walking depending on what you want to use the pedometer for). This measure is from your back foot toe- to your front foot heel. Now add this number into the CM column by pressing the ADJ button once to add a centimetre. Press set again when you have added the correct number.
3. Finally you need to reset the pedometer: go into KCAL mode and press and hold the ADJ button: this will reset the steps, KM and KCAL counts to zero: Hey presto you are ready to go.
Hope that helps :-)
go to the company's web page: http://www.omronhealthcare.com/product/manuals.asp The Support tab has a link to Instruction Manuals. Then use the tab for Fitness Diagnostics to find the manual for your product. It's downloadable, so you won't lose it again
go to the company's web page: http://www.omronhealthcare.com/product/manuals.asp The Support tab has a link to Instruction Manuals. Then use the tab for Fitness Diagnostics to find the manual for your product. It's downloadable, so you won't lose it again!
This website has the instruction manual for the Omron pedometer. It may not be the exact same model as yours but it will still help. I just changed my batteries and have a different model which has the reset button on the back. Still, the basic stuff is there and I was able to re enter all info. Hope this helped.