Start Up Problem
Ok Here is the REAL way to fix this: Most people dont think the V36 - V37 neet to be put back to " out of the box " settings, SO....
1. Turn off the main switch ( behind the battery door V36 ) (ON OFF on the bottom, back V37 )
2. Remove the battery V36 no need V37
3. Heres the one everyone overlooks REMOVE ANY STORAGE CARDS
4. Give it about five min to sit
5. Return the battery V36 NOTE: plug in the ac power source now, NEVER DO ANY UPDATES OR RESTARTS WITH OUT THIS PLUGED IN, IF THE BATTERY IS WEEK OR THE UNIT SHUTS DOWN YOU GET TO START ALL OVER !
6. Turn on the power switch
7. Wait for the unit to start, go through the start up instructions on your unit.
8. VERY IMPORTANT: This sucks, you have to clear and re-format your storage card there may be something there that is conflicting with your unit, I know this sucks, I know, but move any files you want to keep, picts, documents, excel files etc to your PC or Laptop for safe keeping, DO NOT KEEP BACK UP FILES OR PROGRAMS INSTALLED HERE, they can cause problems. Once you re-format your card move your files back to your storage card, if the problem happens again then its a file you may have saved so at this point clear the card of ALL files start at number 1 and when you get back to 9 everything should work just fine.
9. You are ready to start over, install first any patch files for the folding keyboard, keyboard drivers or IO card drivers first, that will insure they will work, if you start installing other programs they may write files to your unit that will prevent them from installing correctly.
10. Install your reformatted storage card and start re-installing your software.
I hope this helps, I have owned the V35, V36 and V37 Viewsonic Pocket PC's and have had my fair share of problems with them but nothing that cant be fixed somehow and no more than any other Pocket PC's out there.
Apr 10, 2007 |
ViewSonic V36 Pocket PC