Question about Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Power was unplugged when the ink was on the left (replace) side. After turning off and restarting printer iP-1600, the message for four flashing lights says ink may be out. But when the lid is opened, the ink stays on the right, so I can't check if it is loose connected. When I turn off the printer and restart, the ink makes one right to left and back motion, followed by a clicking sound like a "switch". Then, the green orange green orange lights flash (four total each set).
Is this a sequencing error? If so, how can I reset the defaults. JAA
1. Turn off the printer. And disconnect the printer cable.
2. Press and hold the POWER button, turn on the printer.
3. The indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
4. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator (L.E.D.) should be orange.
5. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
6. Release both buttons.
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2011 | Epson Stylus C46 InkJet Printer
Jul 27, 2011 | Canon PIXMA IP5200 InkJet Photo Printer
1.With the printer powered off but connected to a power source,
press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
2. When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times
while pressing and holding the Power button.
3. When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order),
the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4. When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the
specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.
(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange
and green, starting with orange.)
Note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset
5.Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again
Nov 19, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Nov 19, 2010 | Canon i850 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 23, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Feb 09, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 16, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP3000 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 09, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
Nov 07, 2007 | Canon BJC 8500 InkJet Printer
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!