Question about Washing Machines
I have checked water flow, hoses, water intake filter screens, all check ok
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: kenmore washer
No need to remove the back panel on this model. You can access everything by removing the washer cabinet. Here's how:
1. Unplug washing machine.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
5. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
NOTE: The washer will NOT operate with the lid switch connector unplugged. If you wish to attempt to test the washer for leaks with the casing removed, you will need to by-pass the lid switch. This can be accomplished by jumpering the two black wires together at the lid switch receptacle. CAUTION: DO NOT attempt to jumper the wires with the washer plugged in! Attach jumper, then plug the washer in.
6. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
Now, you stated your washer leaks during the rinse cycle. Double check all hose connections on the water pump (located directly in front under the wash tub). The pumps have also been known to start leaking along the seams. NOTE: If the pump leaks, it is NOT serviceable and must be replaced. They do not come apart.
To re-install washer case:
1. With the lid of the washer open, place grasp case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame and rocked back onto the frame to ensure that the small cleats on the frame fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
2. Make the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side and reinsert the brass clips. Place the clip into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push it into the opening on top of the washer. It will snap back into to place.
3. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
4. Reinstall console.
I know it seems like a lot, but it is an easy process if you take your time and follow the steps as written. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on May 12, 2008
SOURCE: F21 error
ngfam1 At your service!
NO GOD FOR BID DO NOT USE DRAIN OPENER IN AN APPLIANCE!
First try this, unplug the washer and wait a few minutes then restart it like rebooting your computer when its acting strange!
If it corrects the problem GREAT!!! WE WIN!
If not only a trained laundry tech can make the electronic diagnoses.
Like we used to be able to fix my own cars, but not today they need diagnostic equipment!
Below I referred you to a great service nation wide!
If none of these tasks remedy the problem then here is a good company that's found nation wide.
A&E Factory Service
A&E has schedulers available to take appointments 24/7
And they do warranty work too, for most manufactures!
How old is the washer?
If the appliance is 10 years old or more you it may not be advisable to put good money into bad!
New appliances are so much more efficient today that they can save you a lot of money in energy!!!!
Water,Electric and detergent! And put money back in your pocket!
The new appliance will pay for itself in only a few years!
You will be fine
Bless You ngafm1
PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD RATING HERE AT FIXYA.COM BEFORE YOU SIGN OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
SOURCE: kenmore elite HE3t
Take the front panel off (it's simply three hex screws along the bottom and a nudge upwards that do the trick), unscrew the cap to the pump filter, have a bucket handy for the torrent of water behind it.
This will expose the Pump Inlet Strainer.
Front-load washers have this design flaw. You'll be surprised what you'll find in there - panties, missing socks, nylons, hairballs, coins, legos, etc.
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on May 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 24, 2012 | Washing Machines
LF means Long Fill, this error flashes when the water level does not change for a period of time after the valves are turned on OR water has disengaged the basket but control does not detect a water level change. Check whether water supply is connected and turned on. Make sure the hose is not blocked and hose screen is clear. If so make sure pressure hose connection to machine/motor control is fine. Also check the continuity of water inlet valve, use a multimeter to check the continuity. Hope this helps... Please post back if you need more information.
Feb 16, 2011 | Kenmore Washing Machines
The LF error means Long Fill.
When you start a cycle the water should come into the dispensers. If you have a good flow through the dispenser the valves will be okay.
I recommend checking the inlet water screens on the back of the washer. The inlet screens are located on the water valve. To access the screens you will turn the water off and remove the inlet hoses. The screens prevent debris from entering the valve and sometimes over time mineral deposits build up on the screens. This can block the water or slow the water fills down to a trickle. You can pull the screens out and clean them if necessary. Flush the inlets thoroughly with water when replacing the screens. If debris gets past the screens, it can cause the valves to stick open and an overflow of water can result.
While you have the fill hoses disconnected, place the ends of the hoses in a bucket and briefly turn on the faucets to check for proper water pressure and flow from both hoses.
A common reason for an L F (long fill) error on this washer is the drain hose being stuck to far down the drain standpipe.
If the drain hose is to far down the standpipe then a siphon can occur which causes the washer to fill and drain at the same time. This will cause a long fill error.
Feb 02, 2011 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Apr 20, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Mar 02, 2010 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Jun 22, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Apr 28, 2009 | Kenmore 4.5 cu. ft. Oasis Canyon Top Load...
Apr 03, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Dec 19, 2007 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jul 12, 2007 | Kenmore Elite 21086
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!