You want to do the option of reseting the pwd from MacApplePi's solution because if you create a new user and delete the older user without transferring data first by way of an external data storage device you can lose all of her personal files which would be a bad thing
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Creating a new Admin on Mac Os X:
Here's how to reset your OS X password without an OS X CD.
the Working solution for me was to create a new admin
you can create new admin like this by deleting a specific file.
You need to enter terminal and create a new admin account:
2. Hold apple key + s key down after you hear the chime.
(command + s keys on newer Macs)
3. When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):
mount -uw /
shutdown -h now
4. After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and your good to go again!
Take the start up disk for the computer and start from it, once the installer screen comes up hit continue and look in the menu items for a option to reset the password. Select it and then you will be able to change the password on all the users on the computer.
Basically you need to insert the first restore disc and restart your computer, when you hear the sound of it booting up press the C key and hold it down till you see the apple symbol, it may take awhile for it to start up don't worry. When the first window pops up, select english. Then the next window will pop up and then don't do anything with that window, but at the top of the finder click utilities tab and then password reset. Select the account that you want to change and enter the blanks then click the save button. After doing so the blanks should be blank again, now at the top of the finder click the password tab and click quit. Once you have done that at the top tabs again you should see an installer one, click that and select quit. Then restart. Thanks!