- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
suspect you may have acquired a Japanese (-and-Korean-and-perhaps-Chinese) -language-only model.
But in any case, language changing is usually the first screen on initial setup. If you get a screen of language with two buttons, on the lower left and on the lower right, you probably should select the left-hand button, then select one of (possibly three) languages. English being prodominant, the left-most button of three would be one to choose, if you have a model that can be set to English at all.
The initial setup screen with language choices, will probably be what you get once you reset the device to factory settings.
We have had the same problem this week. The problem for ME is that when I try to go into the tool box...(I can recognize the toolbox by the icon)....I get screens asking me specific details, to which I must reply. Without understanding the questions, I cannot reply. I have some Spanish, French, Italian language skills..but this appears to be a northern european language about which I know nothing!!!! I am hoping tomtom just turns whatever switch they have turned...and get it fixed. Incidentally, my time, mileage, everything is out of whack at the same time. Plus, I lost all my favorites and recent navigations. If they are trying to sell me another one, they have misjudged my mood.
I do not have this particular model, but I am sure the fix is the same.
Go into the setup (press the screen when a map is showing)
Press the Blue Wrench (this is "change preferences")
Use the right arrow tro scroll to the screen with the flags icon. You can change your language there. As you can see, there is a lips icon which changes the voice; that is why you can have the voice and text in different languages.
1. Turn unit off, by pressing and holding button on lower right side for 2 to 6 seconds until it goes off.
2. turn unit on, by pressing and holding same button for 3 to 8 seconds until the warning screen comes on (with the small "agree" box at the bottom of the screen. It may not say "agree" in a language you recognize, but either press it and "agree" or wait for it to go away.
3. next screen to appear should have a small "two ended open ended wrench icon"
4. Press the icon. The next screen will have 6 windows, the lower right will have red lips icon.(it is the "language icon")
5. Press this lower right icon.The next window will have two boxes in the upper right corner. one above the other.
6. Press the upper right box, and then use the up and down arrows to select the language you recognize in the language you want it to operate in.
7 having selected the language of choice, hit "back" as many times as you choose, to get to where you wish to operate...
Good Luck.... GB_C